RRT racer "Want List"

Started by GPster, May 26, 2009, 10:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GPster

My two local junkyards have no Toyota Celica steering boxes ar any Corvairs that can be reached. So I'm not able to come up with a steering box for the Crosley. GPster

enjenjo

We need a piece of aluminum 1/4" thick, about 24" by 30" It will not be bent, so most alloys will work. It would be nice if it was weldable.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"We need a piece of aluminum 1/4" thick, about 24" by 30" It will not be bent, so most alloys will work. It would be nice if it was weldable.
I've got a piece of 6061 T6 3/16"X27 1/2"X10'.  If that works I can get it sheared to size.
George

enjenjo

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "enjenjo"We need a piece of aluminum 1/4" thick, about 24" by 30" It will not be bent, so most alloys will work. It would be nice if it was weldable.
I've got a piece of 6061 T6 3/16"X27 1/2"X10'.  If that works I can get it sheared to size.

Just saw this George, I'll have to check that it will be thick enough to countersink bolts into. I'll PM you.

enjenjo

We need a nodular iron carrier for a Ford 9". Any available?

Digger

I know you guys are building  the car on a budget But if you don't have front wheels yet Summit has Greg Weld fronts 3 1/2 X15 on sale for $80 apiece. They look pretty slick.
Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

Quote from: "Digger"I know you guys are building  the car on a budget But if you don't have front wheels yet Summit has Greg Weld fronts 3 1/2 X15 on sale for $80 apiece. They look pretty slick.

You wouldn't have a link to that, would you?

Digger

Just when you think you are winning the Rat Race, along come faster rats!

Digger

enjenjo

Looks like nice parts. I'll see if we can swing it.

39deluxe

Anything new to add to the want list?

Tom

enjenjo

Not really. Except if someone runs on to a set of competion seat belts cheap, as long as the buckles are good we can have them rewebbed.

Crosley.In.AZ

Been 3 yrs since we updated the "wanted list"
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

enjenjo

I'll see about doing that. We still need seat belts, we have a couple sets of wheels. We need some type of small rear steer manual steering rack. I'll think of more.

We can also use trading material, things we don't need, but can be traded for things we do need. Plus it will get you a share in the car.

Crosley.In.AZ

Been 2 yrs since I posted ; Its been 3 years in May 2013.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)