Visit to Charlie Chops Track T.........

Started by Ohio Blue Tip, June 28, 2004, 07:27:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio Blue Tip

Sunday, it was a perfect day.  Wife is in Tennessee visiting her sister, temperature is 72, wind out of the SW at 2.3 MPH, mid-afternoon, hammock slightly swaying in the breeze.   It was a prefect day!
Then I was summoned by Charlie Chops, because he needed a lift on his Track T body, so as long as I was up, I took some pictures for you all.  It was a prefect day!
Some people try to turn back their odometers
Not me, I want people to know "why" I look this way.
I\'ve traveled a long way and some of the
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Bob K

Very nice, I see retirement is being good for you.

Bob
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

Bib_Overalls

I'm impressed!  Is that a Chevy II?  Tell me about the body.  Glass or tin?
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

Ohio Blue Tip

roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

Ohio Blue Tip

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"I'm impressed!  Is that a Chevy II?  Tell me about the body.  Glass or tin?

It's a GOULD!  It's a real 1926 roadster pickup! :lol:
roads weren\'t paved.

Ken

phat46

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"Sunday, it was a perfect day.  Wife is in Tennessee visiting her sister, temperature is 72, wind out of the SW at 2.3 MPH, mid-afternoon, hammock slightly swaying in the breeze.   It was a prefect day!
Then I was summoned by Charlie Chops, because he needed a lift on his Track T body, so as long as I was up, I took some pictures for you all.  It was a prefect day!

Wow that is nice, when is the debut?

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"
Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Is that a Chevy II?  

A Gould?  I know nada.  Is that one of those 460 MerCruisers with the Ford 460FE head?  What ever it is it sure looks trick with those Weber carbs.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

phat rat

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"
Quote from: "Ohio Blue Tip"
Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"Is that a Chevy II?  

A Gould?  I know nada.  Is that one of those 460 MerCruisers with the Ford 460FE head?  What ever it is it sure looks trick with those Weber carbs.

Nova banger with custom built valve cover and a steel is real body.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

OBT - thanks for posting the pics.

Yes Bob, retirement is treating me just dandy!

Steve - the body is a steel '26. The pickup box isn't completely painted, but it uses a stock tailgate made 2" taller, as were the tailgate "U" and the stake pockets. Fabricated new sides and front panel and reused parts of the stock lower side frames.

The engine is a '69 Nova 153, +060 with 10:1 Arais forged pistons, a Sig Erson cam and bigger valves. The valve cover is a blend of a Mercruiser alum. cover and the top part of a 289 SBF Cobra cover. Likewise the sidecover is Merc with the Merc logo milled of and a Gould logo stuck in its place. Tranny is a T-50 5 speed (70's Monza and similar clones), rear end is an S-10 with a home-brew disc conversion.  Approx. 109" wheelbase.

Been building it for about 4 years. A long haul as almost everything is one off and the challenge of making such a small car fit a 6'3" 250 pounder.

Finish - well, I've missed two completion dates already, so I guess I'm trying to get if fired yet this year...

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Steve - the body is a steel '26.

Been building it for about 4 years. A long haul as almost everything is one off and the challenge of making such a small car fit a 6'3" 250 pounder.

Charlie

I am 6'2" and 215# and there is no amount of magic that will squeeze me into a stock 26/27 roadster.  I fit in the stretched Zipper tub.  Would like to test fit the Stinger out of Indy.  It is supposed to be 5" longer through the cockpit and the doors are supposed to be 2 1/2" wider.  From the pictures I have seen the turtle deck looks like a Dodge bussle from the same era.  I like what I have seen but I would like to test fit one some day.

Anyhow, I am impressed with what you are doing and hope to see it up close someday.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

slocrow

Thanks for the pics Cookie....

Charlie; That's really look'en good. The quality of the work is impressive. It's always nice to see actions speaking louder then words....
Tell the National Guard to mind the grocery store...

rumrumm

Orange--my favorite color! Very nice--those side draft carbs are awsome.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Charlie Chops 1940

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"
Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"
Steve - the body is a steel '26.

Charlie

I am 6'2" and 215# and there is no amount of magic that will squeeze me into a stock 26/27 roadster.  I fit in the stretched Zipper tub.  Would like to test fit the Stinger out of Indy.  It is supposed to be 5" longer through the cockpit and the doors are supposed to be 2 1/2" wider.  From the pictures I have seen the turtle deck looks like a Dodge bussle from the same era.  I like what I have seen but I would like to test fit one some day.

Anyhow, I am impressed with what you are doing and hope to see it up close someday.

Steve, when you see it I think you'll be surprised at the space utilization. The seat buckets sit down in the chassis and the engine/trans is offset to the passenger side. I've always been a closet English sports car fan and thought this through with Lotus 7's in mind. Foot room is at a definite premium - skinny shoes will be the order of the day.. Two big guys (OBT and I) fit but ther won't be a lot of room for spirited steering wheel work. Mostly it'll be a solo ride. Look at my profile...there is a link there to some b&w construction photos.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

MO_JUNK

Charlie, your T is really looking good. I thought I was making good progress on mine-WRONG. Hope you guys made it home from INDY without any problems. See ya somewhere. Sam