First Show with the A

Started by midnight sun, June 28, 2004, 06:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midnight sun

Well its not finished but its running so I took the Model A to the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Pueblo this past weekend.  Wasnt even sure if we were going because my wifes sister passed away the week before but everything kind of fell into place.  Got a few bugs but thats expected.  Amnyway, hopefully, here's a few pics:
How can there be "self help" groups :?:

Dave

Quote from: "midnight sun"Well its not finished but its running so I took the Model A to the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Pueblo this past weekend.  Wasnt even sure if we were going because my wifes sister passed away the week before but everything kind of fell into place.  Got a few bugs but thats expected.  Amnyway, hopefully, here's a few pics:

Well its about time ! I like it its lookin good.. I saw a really cool 29 a on duce rails this weekend. Id change a couple things but it looked good as does yours... So how many years till you made the first show? Id bet we could write a book on building cars and a couple different boards we posted on And thats just the old and new rrt..............
Dave

Bib_Overalls

Looking good.

Remember:

Real hot rods are never done.  

Real hot rodders are never really satisfied.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

midnight sun

QuoteWell its about time ! I like it its lookin good.. I saw a really cool 29 a on duce rails this weekend. Id change a couple things but it looked good as does yours... So how many years till you made the first show? Id bet we could write a book on building cars and a couple different boards we posted on And thats just the old and new rrt..............
Dave

Thanks Dave.  Its hard to believe but is has been a little over 6 years.  

Your front spring works just fine!!

phat46

Very nice work, well worth the effort. How many miles did you put on that car before you even got to drive it?  :lol:  I like the "A" grille shell on a "A"

KustomLincolnLady

Quote from: "midnight sun"Well its not finished but its running so I took the Model A to the Rocky Mountain Nationals at Pueblo this past weekend.  Wasnt even sure if we were going because my wifes sister passed away the week before but everything kind of fell into place.  Got a few bugs but thats expected.  Amnyway, hopefully, here's a few pics:

Wow looks great!!!! Wish ours was that far  :roll: , need a change from the lincoln.  I love it!!  :wink:

enjenjo

What were you doing in the first picture, looking for a date?  :roll: Looks good from here
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Slick 50

Great job, Jack.
It's been a long time coming, but you've done well.
I'll bet there was hardly room for you, your wife and a BIG grin!
Ken    8)
aka Slick 50

tom36

Quote from: "enjenjo"What were you doing in the first picture, looking for a date?  :roll: Looks good from here

Took me a second to catch on. :wink:       The car looks perfect!  Tom..

El Lobo

Nice A . This is my A. Lot`s of job between them.

El Lobo , Norway.

midnight sun

Quote from: "El Lobo"Nice A . This is my A. Lot`s of job between them.

El Lobo , Norway.

What you have there is pretty much what I started with.  My body was "together" but thats about all I started with.  Good luck.  It will be worth it when you finish.

Bib_Overalls

Quote from: "El Lobo"Nice A . This is my A. Lot`s of job between them.

El Lobo , Norway.

My Dad came over from Norway shortly before the Germans invaded.

He told me that before the war all the Norwegan cops rod Harley's.  I'll bet ther is a cave or warehouse someplace where they were hidden during the occupation and forgotten.  Now that would be a find!

Are you building a restored car or a hot rod?

Post progress pictures here when you get a chance.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

El Lobo

If you goto Norway to find old stuff you will find nothing else than old mines inn the occean.
I`ll build a hot rod of this A. I have only the  body and frame , it would be to expencive to do anything else.

Try this Norwegians hot rod forum;
http://www.earlyford.no/phpBB2/index.php

You do not understand any norwegians , but it`s lots of photos.
There are many rod/kustom builders in Norway.

El Lobo :twisted:

purplepickup

Quote from: "enjenjo"What were you doing in the first picture, looking for a date?  :roll:

Hmmm....a bar for lonely farmers, harley riders, and GTO owners.  You Colorado guys really know how to have fun.  I'll bet that place gets lively at closing time. :shock:

Nice job on the A Jack.  6 years is a long time but worth it...even the lacquer thinner incident :lol:
George

1FATGMC

Very Nice Jack :!:  :!: .  I'll bet you are really happy with it.  I didn't know you were at Pueblo.  We weren't parked that far apart.  I was with the guys from NM just down the street.  I wish I would have know you were there.

Do you know about the show in Farmington this weekend?  Not large, usually about 130 cars, but very nice.  They have a burger burn on Friday night at the La Quinta Motel.  The show is in the park at 30th and Butler Sat. during the day and that night they block off main street for about 7 blocks with bands on both ends and move the show down there.  It is nice as there are lots of familys and it is a lot cooler then.  Sunday they have a poker run and usually go to a couple of nice spots to look at cars.  You should come down.  Julie, her daughter and I will be there from Friday night to Sunday.

And then I think a good day trip for you would be to drive the car down through Moab to Blanding.  Take me for a ride and we will go see a ruin.  Spend the night if you would like and go back home through La Sal.

And of course you had better go to the B'ville with us next month and get some salt on that car.  You are retired aren't you??

Hope to see you soon,

Sum