Spal fan question

Started by phat46, June 28, 2004, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat46

Does anyone know the depth of the 16" Spal cooling fan as shown on page 132 of the Speedway streetrod catalog? They list the depth on all the other fans except this one, but this is the one I'm interested in using. I have limited room from the radiator to the pully so i'd like to see if this one will fit. TIA

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"Does anyone know the depth of the 16" Spal cooling fan as shown on page 132 of the Speedway streetrod catalog? They list the depth on all the other fans except this one, but this is the one I'm interested in using. I have limited room from the radiator to the pully so i'd like to see if this one will fit. TIA

I dont have the catalog here but ive got the high performance spal 16 inch i can measure that if its the one u need.
Dave

HOTRODSRJ

If you are talking about the high performance 16", 2380cfm model....the measurement for depth is 3.4"
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

phat46

I dont have the catalog here but ive got the high performance spal 16 inch i can measure that if its the one u need.
Dave[/quote]

If it's not too much trouble could you measure it? If it also measures 3.4" that would be great. There is surprisingly little info in the catalog for this fan, simply says Spal curved blade fan, shows two diameters. doesn't say"high prformance" and doesn't list c.f.m.
Thanks for the help guys, if it is 3.4" it will fit, i have about 4" to play with.

Dave

Quote from: "phat46"I dont have the catalog here but ive got the high performance spal 16 inch i can measure that if its the one u need.
Dave

If it's not too much trouble could you measure it? If it also measures 3.4" that would be great. There is surprisingly little info in the catalog for this fan, simply says Spal curved blade fan, shows two diameters. doesn't say"high prformance" and doesn't list c.f.m.
Thanks for the help guys, if it is 3.4" it will fit, i have about 4" to play with.[/quote]

Mine is the straight blade hi perf Ill check it tomorrow when i get home and give ya the dimensions..
its kinda noisy but it cools the 32 with smooth panels..
Dave

SKR8PN

I have the 16 in straight blade on my truck,and it measures about 3.4 also. Hope this helps!
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

phat46

Quote from: "SKR8PN"I have the 16 in straight blade on my truck,and it measures about 3.4 also. Hope this helps!

Doh.... I visited the Spal website, of course it lists ALL the fans with All the dimensions... the 16" curved blade fan is listed at 3.39" deep
Thanks all for the help, gonna order one tomorrow.

HOTRODSRJ

Just make sure that it's a high performance one or you will be disappointed.  The amperage is the clue but Spal is pretty honest about CFMs.  If it's not at least 20 amps.....then it's not high performance.
STEVE "JACKSTANDS" JACK

enjenjo

FWIW, the best price I found a couple months ago on Spal fans was from Ramchargers.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"FWIW, the best price I found a couple months ago on Spal fans was from Ramchargers.

What was that price frank? The one Iordered from Speedway was $89 + shipping. I've ordered one so i'm just curious.

enjenjo

I hate to tell you this, but I believe it was $59, on sale. You going to control it with a thermostat?

phat46

Quote from: "enjenjo"I hate to tell you this, but I believe it was $59, on sale. You going to control it with a thermostat?

Good price, and I could have gotten it sooner, oh well, it's only money...
For now, I'm just gonna use a manual switch, i might put on a thermostat switch after the final blowaprt/reassembly.

enjenjo

Best price on the thermo switch was NAPA.