CA DMV Code - Believe it or not...

Started by DRD57, March 27, 2009, 01:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRD57

This was copied striaght from the CA DMV Vehicle Code.

Legislative Findings
5050.  The Legislature finds and declares that constructive leisure pursuits by California citizens is most important.
This article is intended to encourage responsible participation in the hobby of collecting, preserving, restoring, and
maintaining motor vehicles of historic and special interest, which hobby contributes to the enjoyment of the citizen and
the preservation of California's automotive memorabilia.

Charlie Chops 1940

Ah, that's nice. But wait, there's more. The legislature will probably follow that with a new & extremely innovative way to extract some more money out of those who pursue same.

Price of gas down in Michigan, the Gov. wants to raise the heretofore fixed tax per gallon by a factor of 2. Arnie can't be far behind.

Nice sentiment though. I'm sorry, i don't like to sound so negative but I'm about out of patience with the Gov'ment.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

unklian

No mention of citizens being allowed to actually drive these
pollution spewing, carbon foot print making, antiquated, unsafe, monsters.

enjenjo

Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Leon

You can collect and admire them as long as you keep them out of the sight of your neighbors and anyone else that considers them "junk".

wayne petty

there was an alert of a new state bill that would make pre 76 cars smog test every year...

that is more than likely being ram rodded through by some body who wants to market the carbon credits... for fun and profit... screw the general public ,  make money off the backs of the working man...

i just heard about the group that is mixing iron powder into the ocean water to allow plant live to bloom and gobble up CO2...   that whole thing is being funded by the hope that they can trade the carbon credits for profit...

i want to start a bill...    that every time elected officials LIE... i get 5 bucks from them....

unklian

Plant life actually lives off of Iron powder ?
And CO2 is bad for us ?

Fact IS stranger than fiction.

Nobody ever considered that "Global Warming" MIGHT have
something to do with burning millions of barrels of oil every day.
How many BTUs is that ?

tomslik

Quote from: "unklian"Plant life actually lives off of Iron powder ?
And CO2 is bad for us ?

How many BTUs is that ?

might want to concider global warming is bull....
it was 17 this morning after last sunday it was 75....
al gore has to justify his existence, i guess.....
one of these days, we're gonna have to accept the FACT that we are not the only ones polluting....
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

Quote from: "unklian"Plant life actually lives off of Iron powder ?
And CO2 is bad for us ?

How many BTUs is that ?

Consider this, all that iron ore up there in Canada? It was fixed in place by microscopic plants in the ocean millions of years ago, extracted from iron oxide disolved in sea water. This freed up the oxygen for us to breathe. So iron comes from a fossil source also.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Uncle Bob

Quote from: "wayne petty"i want to start a bill...    that every time elected officials LIE... i get 5 bucks from them....

We'd have to give you all the money in circulation right now AND have you sign a waiver saying you're willingly accepting an amount less than $5 per.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

WINGNUTZ

Quote from: "wayne petty"
i want to start a bill...    that every time elected officials LIE... i get 5 bucks from them....

Hahaha!!!
That's good... can I use it?

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "WINGNUTZ"
Quote from: "wayne petty"

Hahaha!!!
That's good... can I use it?

No...but ol Wayne will sell you some like new carbon credits.

:lol:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)