Fisrt annual auburn fun run My opinion.

Started by Dave, June 27, 2004, 07:26:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Ok remember this is my opinion and im entitled to it. LOL.
Not a real good weekend. Im not really impressed with Carl Casper even if this was his first out door show. Just seemed to be mass confusion. I was told that this goes on at other shows but having to pull my car into a special area and sit from 10 am to 2 pm or later on the blacktop to possibly get a pros pick award didnt cut it with me. I stayed on the grass.
I duno why the pros cant get off their lazy butts and walk around? Specially when there wasnt over 500 cars in attendance. Boyd ? Boyd who? Ha he was a no show but his trailer with shirts hats and key chains was there. Troy troy who ? Didnt see him either. I did see Lobeck least I thought it was him this morning but I dont think he hung around. Chip was there and Ive got a lot of respect for him. He signed autographs all day Saturday and I didnt think he was gonna quit. I got one of his t shirts today and had him sign it. He also did a small drawing on it. He is very nice and a cool dude. Oh ya Posies ... I never saw him but I did see the new truck he was supposed to debut there and all I can say is WOW. 500 hp rousch motor and tricks galore. I checked it out real good. I did see it running to park near the pond for a photo shoot and it sounds as good as it looks.
Will I go next year????????? Prolly not ,specially since 40 bucks for 2 days kind of  stung with nothing hardly to look at or do. I did see Deb and her husband and the Lincoln.. Sweet ride I was surprised they didnt win an award. I wont even go into the awards thing if you see me in person ask me . We will have more time ..LOL

One more thing the auction was a joke. People were trying to buy 100k cars for 39k...Hardly anything sold..

Dave :roll:

unklian

Chip is a class act. :D  :D  :D

Too bad the show didn't live up to it's potential.

HotRodLadyCrusr

Well I'm glad I chose to stay in town this weekend instead of going, cuz I was really thinking about it.  The metro Detroit area ROCKED this weekend with tons of great car related stuff going on.  

Saturday was the "Downriver Cruz".  Took place on Fort Street which was where the cruzn action happened back in the day for the folks that lived in the "downriver" communities.  This was the 5th annual.  It was about 5-6 miles long with tons of cars parked along the side and cruzn.  Live bands and DJ's all over the place.  Nothing roped off or saved like Woodward and no corporate anything, anywhere.  Just car people having fun with other car people.  Not enough police to cover it all so there were lots of burnouts to keep the bystanders amused. :roll:

Sunday was the imfamous "Eyes on Design" invitational car show at the Edsel Ford Estate on Lake St Clair.  The "theme" this year was race cars thru the years, and the different styles.  They had not only past and present street races but dragsters, saltflats, Indy, Altered, and lots of speciality ones.  Roadstar or Beatnik can elaborate, they have photos too.  :wink:

The weather here was PERFECT for outdoor car events this weekend.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

34ford

QuoteChip was there and Ive got a lot of respect for him. He signed autographs all day Saturday and I didnt think he was gonna quit. I got one of his t shirts today and had him sign it. He also did a small drawing on it. He is very nice and a cool dude.]

Chip and Titus are a couple of cool guys. This is from DelMar in 2003. Haming it up with the people and taking pictures with individuals. Titus has his new 56 there and Chip's thunderbird he re did for Ford. Chip was even blacking out the tires on Titus car.