Steering Columns

Started by teal32, April 02, 2009, 05:48:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

I have to tear my dash out to replace the wiper motor. I've gone without for to long. I figure that's a good time it straighten things out and maybe do some upgrades. I WILL put a quick release plug on the gauge panel. I followed that thread. Since I have to drop my steering column, I have been looking at a shinny one to replace it.

The only 2 that I ever hear about are IDIDIT and Flaming River. I'm leaning toward IDIDIT because I can load up the Wife and take an hour drive to pick it up. Of course, she will want to shop at the Christmas store close by. I know that they also have BLEMS (that you can't see where the problem is). They only sell them from the showroom. This is the brand that I hear the most about.

Lookin' for some input. Pros and Cons???

Thanks for any help
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

phat rat

RainX would be cheaper than the motor and column. LOL
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Charlie Chops 1940

Ken at Ididit is a good guy and an old friend. I'm guessing he would disclose what the blemish is if it's not readily apparent.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

enjenjo

I deal with them all the time, I am closer than you are to them. No better people to deal with.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

zzford

I have been very happy with my column from Ididit, I cannot say the same for my Vega box from Flaming River. It wore out in approx. 10,000 miles.