Got another toy.

Started by Leon, June 24, 2004, 03:25:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leon

My neighbor is moving and had to unload a '66 Mercury Monterey Breezway (has the rear window that opens).  Paid $100 so I couldn't pass it up.  Now I need to figure out what to do with it.  The engine needs a little work to get it running, may just do a rebuild on it.  might just put some primer on it and terrorize the neighborhood with it.  Kinda reminds me of the lincoln in Animal House..... :twisted:

phat46

Quote from: "Leon"My neighbor is moving and had to unload a '66 Mercury

Cool car always liked those rear windows that opeened, for $100 you could have a lot of fun with it....

Dirk35

Leon

Quote from: "Dirk35"Cool, got a picture?
Took it down to the DMV this morning to do the paperwork.  It hasn't been registered for 17 years but was still in the system so they didn't need to see the car anyway.  Got it home and off the trailer then pulled the engine and tranny.   I'll shoot something tomorrow when I roll it back out of the shop.  The engine will need a rebuild, but the interior looks fairly good, driver's side body could use a little cleaning up, but otherwise it's in decent shape.  The floors are in very clean condition, I was expecting to find some rust.  For a minimal investment I should be able to get this thing on the road.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Leon"
Quote from: "Dirk35"Cool, got a picture?
Took it down to the DMV this morning to do the paperwork.  It hasn't been registered for 17 years but was still in the system so they didn't need to see the car anyway.  Got it home and off the trailer then pulled the engine and tranny.   I'll shoot something tomorrow when I roll it back out of the shop.  The engine will need a rebuild, but the interior looks fairly good, driver's side body could use a little cleaning up, but otherwise it's in decent shape.  The floors are in very clean condition, I was expecting to find some rust.  For a minimal investment I should be able to get this thing on the road.

Here's a place near me that might help a little. I know it's a Lincoln outfit, but talking to the guy today he states that a lot of stuff is interchangeable with the Mercs.

I did a 63' Monterey about 10 years ago. I dropped it 2" in the front and 1" out back, slid a couple of side pipes under the sides. 4 chrome rims from an NTB shop, did a mild freshen up on the 390, slipped in an Edelbrock 4bbl and did a lot of local  crusin'. Oh yeah, it was also the last car painted in an old Earl Scheib shop before it closed. A little CD stereo w/ amps and some ocean blue neon underneath made for a few strange looks. An old timer at a local diner told me it looked like a crystal ship all lit up at night. Being a huge Doors fan, I put in the CD and played Crystal Ship for the old guy. Kinda blew him away!!

Anyway. good luck and let's see some pics!!
http://www.lincolnlandinc.com/
T'R'
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

Leon

Finally got a couple pix.  Got the engine apart and the #3 has a ding in the wall, I'll see if it can be taken out with a bore job..