40 Ford car fenders on a 40 pickup

Started by Topsterguy, February 20, 2009, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

It turns out that the fenders I got with my 40 pickup in pieces are car fenders, so diferent from the truck ones! Has anyone used the car fenders, successfully, on a 40 pickup? What are the real diferences, aside from the obvious one around the running board area and only using one mounting hole on the cowl side? I also heard that the curve on the fender top is diferent so the pickup hood won't fit right on the car fenders. The whole scoop ???
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Outside of the bolt spacing, the angle of the flange where the fender mounts to the body is different. I don't know of a difference in the fender to hood line.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Topsterguy

Quote from: "enjenjo"Outside of the bolt spacing, the angle of the flange where the fender mounts to the body is different. I don't know of a difference in the fender to hood line.

enjenjo, just FYI,  I laid the car fender down on paper and traced the outline of the fender top curvature from front to back , then laid the one truck fender I have on the pattern and it's definitely diferent. The area where the fender attaches to the running board is diferent, and then the contour on the inside edge of the fender is diferent from the running board up to about the center of the fender, which means the hood wouldn't fit right either. So I guess I'll sell off my mint car ones and find a drivers side PU one!  :-(
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"