Amazing

Started by phat rat, February 16, 2009, 12:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

phat46

Quote from: "phat rat"Someone here needs this.

http://widgets.nbc.com/o/47f1317f105123ad/498ebd00a62edaa0/47fe70d4555df05a/9e46bd46/-cpid/ba4377d3bfd6c81

Saw that over on the HAMB.  I was the one that posted about the one they have at the G.M.Design Center (they probably have many) They had one during the last open house I was at there. They could image your hand in three D and could have had it carved out!  They have complete engines, about 1/8 scale, carved out of the tan plactic stuff that you could actually take apart! Cool stuff indeed!

wayne petty

thats so cool....

i can imagine that will be truly useful for jays garage...   but i would be using it in reverse...  to make molds for sand pattern cores... probably use up a lot of that material...   maybe even doing it like a lost wax casting...

being able to make many of the wax patterns makes it easy to duplicate the parts...

i would imagine that to copy into larger parts.. a sliding bed would be needed... that could interface with the data stream...

making up new parts for the old iron he has laying around the shop...

looks like you could also use the data right into a cnc machine..

that would be so handy for manufacturing products.. take digital data off hand made stuff..

phat rat

I found it over on the Hamb. I figured there were enough guys here who don't go there that it warranted a posting here also.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

39deluxe

That is most amazing. Especially being able to duplicate moving parts without any assembly in the plastic models. The scanner is affordable but I wonder what the printer costs.

Tom