49 FORD trunk latch

Started by mrloboy, February 12, 2009, 10:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrloboy

I have a 49 Meteor (Ford) in my shop that we are building for a customer. He purchased the car as an incomplete restoration project. We built a custom chassis for the car and installed a SBC/TH350 combo. We are in the process of assembly to fit all the body components prior to blowing it apart for final paint. We are missing the trunk latch and mechanism. We have the original handle, but that is all. In my collection I have numerous 50 & 51 cars, but no 49's. They are quite different. Any idea where I might find an illustration or photo of what is required. From that point I can either fabricate the parts or go looking for them. Thanks, Rick

wayne petty

i had a problem with this post... not having my oldest books out..

when i googled 49 ford... i got stuck on this image...

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/leiapowles/Pin-Up/LeiaLockheart_Ford_HR_05.jpg

i think there are at least one member with a 49 ford.. once he sees this thread .. he might snap a few shots...

oh well.. back to the search...

i also checked on the old car manual project.. at least one of the guys in the ford area  has 49 assembly manual and a 51 parts manual..

but then that image popped up again...

destractions...

mrloboy

Thanks Wayne, I went to the Old Car Manual Project and found an illustration that shows a remote control box that is required. I have a friend not far from me that has a couple 49's listed in his inventory for parts. Hopefully he will have the pieces. He is away for a couple weeks visiting his friends and various rod builders in France and the Netherlands. I guess I will wait until he returns home. I checked on e-bay but found nothing at this time. Our problem around here is that all our parts cars are under several feet of snow! I sure hope Spring comes early! Rick

enjenjo

You might try Job Lots Ford parts. They have had obscure parts I needed in the past
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

wayne petty

mrloboy

Thanks fellas, I have been browsing their site. Lots of great looking stuff. Should be an asset with a few of our current projects. Rick

chimp koose

wrloboy ,try antique auto wreckers in Elfros Sask.

chimp koose

mrloboy,got the name wrong . Elfros auto wreckers"parts from the 40's to the 90's" (306) 328-2132.