Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green???

Started by HotRodLadyCrusr, June 16, 2004, 11:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotRodLadyCrusr

Any RRTer's planning on attending the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green this weekend?  Leaving noonish tomorrow for the run south.  Big Olds will be parked by some bathrooms/showers that are somewhere on the grounds of the park.  There will be a group of HAMBer's there.  Big Olds will have plenty of cookies so please stop by and say "HI" if your around.
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

Sure gonna miss those cookies...and...you of course :wink: We'll expect a full report upon your return!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'm going to miss you as well sweetheart.  You were the hightlite of the BTTF for me.  :wink:   A full report, including photos, upon my return.

Dave

Quote from: "HotRodLadyCrusr"Any RRTer's planning on attending the Hot Rod Reunion in Bowling Green this weekend?  Leaving noonish tomorrow for the run south.  Big Olds will be parked by some bathrooms/showers that are somewhere on the grounds of the park.  There will be a group of HAMBer's there.  Big Olds will have plenty of cookies so please stop by and say "HI" if your around.

I sure wish i had more time? Last year this time i was headed for tennessee to pick up the 32 and saw all the fine rides headed there and leaving there. Maybe next year as this is gonna be my last louisville for a while. I just wanna go with the new car..
Dave

OK...We've been waiting patiently but....Where the heck is your report on the Hot Rod Reunion???You missed a great 50's but I'm sure you had a blast!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Yes, the HRR was a blast.  About 1200 cars, not huge but enough to keep you busy looking at them all.  The pits were twice as large as last year from what everyone was saying.  LOTS of racing.  The displays of all the past race cars was very cool.  Lots of ones I only read about in the mags years ago.

The best part for me was meeting all the cool folks.  There were over 30 HAMB folks in attendance.  About half I had not met before.  We had a great spot all weekend right along a tree line at a riverbank.  We sat around quite a bit and really got to know each other.  Did the dinner thing at nite, went cruzn together, some went go-carting.  It was a very relaxing show, no stress like St Paul where folks are getting up at the crack of dawn to secure a spot.  All the spots at Beech Bend Park were good, no "back 40" areas at all.

It was perfect weather, not a drop of rain the whole time there.  A few sprinkles on the way down, no big deal. AWESOME sunshine and blue skies for the ride home.

Our room was $37.14 per nite at a very nice Motel 6 right in the heart of the action.  A far cry from the normal $100+ per nite at most shows.  I reserved a couple of rooms already for next year.  Will probley do Bowling Green next year then head to BTTF's again the following year.  I certainly missed seeing my buds that normal go to that show but I do like attending new shows and seeing new places.

I did choose a color for Big Olds while there and I did "hire" a painter so to speak.  You guys will meet him in L'ville and I'll even show you the color.... if anyone is interested. :roll:

Lots of photos were posted on the HAMB from the show so instead of me posting some here just head to the link and check them out.

Hot Rod Reunion Photos

Nick32Vic

Denise, what color did you choose!?!?!?!?!?!
Also, are there any rooms left at that motel six for next year? Ill probably reserver some if there is.

Nick