Tires

Started by enjenjo, January 11, 2009, 05:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reborn55

I am going to have to replace the tires on my truck.  one of the belts shifted and likes to wiggle going down the road.  Have Wranglers on it now and don't like the hard ride.  I don't get off road--drive about 15 miles a day--99 Chevy Silverado extended cab 2 wheel drive.  What would be a good tire  to use for nice smooth dependable driving--265-70r-17 size.  Not looking to break the bank--interior on the ragtop is doing that.  
Hadn't planned on buying tires for at least a couple more years as tread depth if great.
Thanks

UGLY OLDS

Ahhhhhhhh...... :idea:  Mount the almo$t like new $pare in that po$ition & put "Mr. Wiggle$" under the bed for emergency u$e only ?...

Ju$t a thought.... :roll:

Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

reborn55

Bob--would love to but PO put the 17 inch tires and wheels on it ---and the spare is the original 16 inch jobby.  Priced some at Wal-Mart this morning--little over $500 with balance etc.  May have to bite the bullet.

purplepickup

Quote from: "reborn55"I am going to have to replace the tires on my truck.  one of the belts shifted and likes to wiggle going down the road.  Have Wranglers on it now and don't like the hard ride.  I don't get off road--drive about 15 miles a day--99 Chevy Silverado extended cab 2 wheel drive.  What would be a good tire  to use for nice smooth dependable driving--265-70r-17 size.  Not looking to break the bank--interior on the ragtop is doing that.  
Thanks

I hate tires that don't run smooth on my full sized van when I'm running highway speeds and since BF Goodrich run so smooth on my streetrod I put a set of BFC Long Trail T/A's on the van last time.  They're the smoothest tire I've had on it since I got it in '01.  

I get mine at Sam's club because you can get most anything you want by special order, the cost is in the ballpark, their equipment is new, and our's has some responsible guys working.  

Here's a link if you care  http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=396678  Those 17 inchers aren't cheap are they?
George

reborn55

good looking tires---thanks

58Apache

I tried to find Coopers locally, I think they are even made in Dayton here?

I even went to Cooper's web site and looked up dealers of their tires. I then went to the dealer's web site and tried to find Cooper tires ....not one of the brands listed at 2 different dealer's web sites was a Cooper :(  

I'd still pursue it, but if I had an incident on one on the road I'd be worried about a replacement?

Steve