Spark plug heat range

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 14, 2008, 06:44:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

a photo of a booklet I found in a box of stuff.  I've been cleaning up  my shop  AKA  throwing out junk I do not need.

An old Champion spark plug booklet... quite a bit of information in it.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

enjenjo

I can't seem to turn the pages Tony. :cry:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "enjenjo"I can't seem to turn the pages Tony. :cry:

try harder.....  8)
Tony

river1

Quote from: "Crosley"
Quote from: "enjenjo"I can't seem to turn the pages Tony. :cry:

try harder.....  8)

try licking your fingers :wink:  :wink:

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

wayne petty

i cannot tell what the heat range of this thread is... hot or cold...

so tony... what's in the book..?????   secret spark plug numbers...

pictures of spark plugs that are fouled ......

i seem to recall atop fuelers hot spark plug flying out into the finish line stands at OCIR in the early 80's...  missed everybody... except the guy who tried to pick it up...   that might have even been the night they were filming Heart like a wheel...  the camera man at the finish line would not stay laying on the centerline a second time...    

so what are the secrets....   got an isbn number... so we can all look it up at amazon???

enjenjo

Quotetry licking your fingers

Can't do that Jim, I know where they have been :shock:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Crosley.In.AZ

Wayne,

interesting reading.

On the projected tip plug;

Commonly used in over head valve racing engines.  It states the heat range is slightly different from other plugs.  The incoming fuel charge cools the insulator tip at high speeds... the  tip runs hotter at slower engine speeds.

Not recommended for maximum output engines , super charged or nitro fuel engines.

It is an old enough booklet , I have  checked a few numbers for the spark plugs , some are available .  

I crossed some over to NGK .  The NGK numbers seem to cross over to some web sites for the UK that sell plugs.  I have not checked local for any plugs in these numbers.

Champion F9Y... F7Y.... F83Y  look like some numbers I could use in my hopped up 6 cylinder Ford for drag racing

8)
Tony