Restoration/parts inventory

Started by ONE37TUDOR, December 07, 2008, 08:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONE37TUDOR

I am needing a system of tracking all the parts I am installing on these cars and was just wondering what you guys were using to track you projects?
I found a system on line called Restorationassistant but it is much to complicated for my needs? I need something a monkey could figure out!

Thanks,

Scott...
SCOTT,  slow moving, slow talking, no typing SCOTT

Crosley.In.AZ

Quote from: "ONE37TUDOR"I am needing a system of tracking all the parts I am installing on these cars and was just wondering what you guys were using to track you projects?
I found a system on line called Restorationassistant but it is much to complicated for my needs? I need something a monkey could figure out!

Thanks,

Scott...

FatCat comes to my mind.  :shock:   He has an idea .

I use a shoe box for receipts.  That way I can burn all the records at once.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

wayne petty

MS excel ?????  i have a disc (800K floppy) with excel for mac V1.0 somewhere..

maybe a ledger book of some kind...  some look like they are over 35 bucks.. but there must be something cheeper.. that has good paper and is not spiral bound..

a few page edge markers... so you have new parts on one page.. used in another section,   inside and outside labor in another section...

ONE37TUDOR

I think what I really need is something that will prompt me and let me fill in the information? Something that for example might list all the engine related information like;
Cam type and specs.
main bearings.
rod bearings.
crank specs.
etc.

And might have a section for drivetrain, frame & Suspension, Exterior, Interior.

I don't mind paying a little for something that would allow that type of information if it were just easy to use?

Scott...

phat rat

You could do it the old fashion way and do it in a notebook. Then later use Word Perfect and put it into documents on the computor
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

34ford

Here's a neat little book. I got one free with an order from them when I was building my car. Looks like they charge $12

check it out here:

http://www.purechoicemotorsports.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=234/category_id=74/home_id=74/mode=prod/prd234.htm

ONE37TUDOR

Thanks for the link, that book may help me get startred.

Scott...