Solid core spark plug wires

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, December 04, 2008, 10:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

I found some Delco spark plug wires in my pile of stuff.... real wire in them

Do the solid wire design screw up a digital ignition system  with RFI ?  My ignition on the  Falcon is a digital Accel unit.

Numbers on the wires is :   GM SS 550 Delco
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"I found some Delco spark plug wires in my pile of stuff.... real wire in them

Do the solid wire design screw up a digital ignition system  with RFI ?  My ignition on the  Falcon is a digital Accel unit.

Numbers on the wires is :   GM SS 550 Delco

well, most everything has a digital computer nowadays and solid core wires (or a funky charging system) is a no-no so i'd say the trash is the best place for them...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

IC2

Most of the new ignitions call for the spiral wound wires - MSD and Crane for sure and probably Mallory. I guess I'd hang on to them if you have an old tractor, a lawn mower or even an old points car, but other then that - not much use now - they evidently emit to much RF noise and destroy the effectiveness of a computerized ignition that uses millivolts  in its 'brain'

Crosley.In.AZ

Guess I can addd the wires to my shop wall as a reminder of the old days.

I know my  brain uses mini volts,  I learned that my aluminum foil hat protects me from outside evil forces.

Faulty or unplugged charging systems can cause problems with a cars electronic systems.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mikej

I know they would make TV pictures roll when you drive by.