Match Race

Started by UGLY OLDS, November 22, 2008, 11:23:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hey Tony.....Heard this fella's looking for a match race with your Falcon..Want's to know how much of a handicap he gets.... :?  :?  :lol:

Bob... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

He would need a diesel truck to pull that thing very fast.

Sunday november 23  I will have the car at the drag strip.  It should pass tech if I have read what needs to be where - what & bolted down - etc.

Since I have some open space out here by my house  , I have run the car wide open through the gears. It pulls well , but still needs more gear than the 3.55 I have now.

I have the posi carrier rebuilt I bought from enjenjo. I have a new bearing installation kit for it.  I need to get all the parts assembled with the 4.11 gears  and stuff that into the car.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

UGLY OLDS

Sounds like a good combination..The 4:11's are definatly the way to go...A small 6 cyl won't have enough torque for 3:55's ....Keep us posted  8)

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Crosley.In.AZ

Falcon is on my trailer for the road trip to the track in the morning .

4.11  gears and posi have been installed.

it was a fight , but I got the gears  done.  I have not driven the car more than 400 feet with the new gears

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"Falcon is on my trailer for the road trip to the track in the morning .

4.11  gears and posi have been installed.

it was a fight , but I got the gears  done.  I have not driven the car more than 400 feet with the new gears

:shock:

oh sure, blow MY guess out of the water;)
have fun tomorrow and remember what i said about "slow" cars... :D
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list