An old truck I saw

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, September 12, 2004, 12:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

We rode to the pavillions car gathering  in scottsdale  tonight.

Looked at an old truck.  some real neat items on this truck.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

GPster

That's the kind of set-up for the water pump on you Falcon that I was trying to discribe. I wonder if that extra gizmo over the disc on the front wheel (above the caliper) is for a speed sensor for a speedometer. I wonder if  the ignition is still with "vibrater coils" or if he's got some type of spark sensor on it. The shock absorbers on the front end are another added touch. I wonder What the steering is like? Something has been done because of the "U" joint in the steering shaft. He's either done away with the planitary gearing under the stock wheel or put in some kind of steering box. I wonder if it has radial tires. I also wonder if he's done the up-date on the transmission ( they called them that back then,didn't they?) with powerglide parts? Can you go back and get more pictures? How did you get there? Late-model truck, Morris Minor or motorcycle? You need one of them.

Crosley.In.AZ

Rode the Goldwing out.  Testing the cruise control adjustments i made to the scooter.

I did not get a photo of the distrib in the car... dammit

We did see so other stuff out there.  :shock:

Quote from: "GPster"That's the kind of set-up for the water pump on you Falcon that I was trying to discribe. I wonder if that extra gizmo over the disc on the front wheel (above the caliper) is for a speed sensor for a speedometer. I wonder if  the ignition is still with "vibrater coils" or if he's got some type of spark sensor on it. The shock absorbers on the front end are another added touch. I wonder What the steering is like? Something has been done because of the "U" joint in the steering shaft. He's either done away with the planitary gearing under the stock wheel or put in some kind of steering box. I wonder if it has radial tires. I also wonder if he's done the up-date on the transmission ( they called them that back then,didn't they?) with powerglide parts? Can you go back and get more pictures? How did you get there? Late-model truck, Morris Minor or motorcycle? You need one of them.
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Bruce Dorsi

Is that the new Heidt's front end?   :lol:

Thanks for posting these pictures, Tony!

The ingenuity displayed is impressive!

Is that a "T" engine or is that something of later vintage?  ....Did someone make an aftermarket aluminum head for T's, or was that a homegrown part?  ....(It appears to be aluminum.)

What's next? ....A turbo or EFI on that truck?      :shock:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

If being smart means knowing what I am dumb at,  I must be a genius!

GPster

Quote from: "Crosley"Rode the Goldwing out.  Testing the cruise control adjustments i made to the scooter.

We did see so other stuff out there.  :shock:

Too new. I don't think N.S.R.A. would let you register it at one of their event. GPster

manyolkars

Quote from: "Bruce Dorsi"Is that the new Heidt's front end?   :lol:

Thanks for posting these pictures, Tony!

The ingenuity displayed is impressive!

Is that a "T" engine or is that something of later vintage?  ....Did someone make an aftermarket aluminum head for T's, or was that a homegrown part?  ....(It appears to be aluminum.)

What's next? ....A turbo or EFI on that truck?      :shock:
Hi Bruce, They sell new aluminum hi compression heads, yes, that is a T Engine. U joint in the steering??? huh???  Theres   no u joint in the steering.   We do use turbo clutch discs in the transmission

unklian

"Theres no u joint in the steering. "

It LOOKS like a u-joint.If it isn't in the steering,what is it ?

manyolkars

Quote from: "unklian"

"Theres no u joint in the steering. "

It LOOKS like a u-joint.If it isn't in the steering,what is it ?
I surrender!  Model Ts didn't have u joints and I dent see it on THIS car.  Shoot me at sunrise. No cigarette   :)

unklian

Maybe they needed the u-joint to clear the latemodel starter ?

Warren Derbidge

[. I wonder if  the ignition is still with "vibrater coils" or if he's got some type of spark sensor on it.

Warren Derbidge

[. I wonder if  the ignition is still with "vibrater coils" or if he's got some type of spark sensor on it.

Judging from the routing of the plug wires in the last photo, it looks like it's running a VW distributor conversion.  The 26 T roadster I inherited from my Dad has one, but I need to find time to get it running again.

Dave

Quote from: "Crosley"We rode to the pavillions car gathering  in scottsdale  tonight.

Looked at an old truck.  some real neat items on this truck.

Thats sweet . Looks like a lot of thinking went into that one and its got to be one of a kind and a good driver after the neat stuff they did..
Dave :lol:

Anonymous

You can see the dizzy behind the upper radiator hose.  There are multiple conversion for the ignition.  I like the whole deal I would have loved to see it.  The brakes on my model T are fun to say the least.  I like the water pump too, what a cool idea !