Veterans Day

Started by phat46, November 11, 2008, 11:03:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chimp koose

In canada we call it remembrance day and it is a national holiday. All schools have a ceremony on the last day of school before the holiday.I have never served but certainly appreciate the efforts of those who have.

Danimal

Thanks to all that have and all that do.

When in high school and looking at one of the acadamies, my grandfather told me that "he marched from Normandy to Austria so no grandson of his would have to." Kind of put an end to that conversation.

My wife knits Socks for Soldiers. She makes beanie hats for under thier helmets and regulation wool socks. They go to Ohio for coordination and then off to all of the branches. If anyone out there knows kintters with time and desire, have them contact SFS and do what they can.

Thanks all you guys (and gals) for keeping us safe.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Not me , but my son was promoted to Lt. Colonel last friday... :b-d:

I volunteered "back in the day", but they found me "phyisically unfit to serve"...... :roll:

Bob............. :wink:

Dang,
I thought they would take anybody during the Civil War... :P  :D
Or did you mistakingly tell them you were part of team smart... :?:  :mrgreen:
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

river1

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Not me , but my son was promoted to Lt. Colonel last friday... :b-d:

I volunteered "back in the day", but they found me "phyisically unfit to serve"...... :roll:

Dang,

Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Rayvyn"

Dang,
Or did you mistakingly tell them you were part of team smart... :?:  :mrgreen:

Guess I shoulda kinda seen that one coming ....  :?   Boy..I must be slippin'... :roll:  :roll:

Bob............... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****