45th Anniversary

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, November 21, 2008, 11:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

I was in school that day (8th grade). Growing up in a Catholic family we took it as an especially hard loss. My 4 yr. older sister had shaken his hand while he was on campaign tour.
Who\'s yer Data?

river1

i was alive in nov 63 but i don't remember anything about the assassination.

i was  26 days old :roll:

i've frequently thought of where we would be if he hadn't been killed.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

phat rat

My god some of you guys are so young you  make me feel even older than I am :lol:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

kb426

I was in 5th grade. The teacher came in and sat down. Said she had something to say that she hoped would never happen. Most of us didn't get the rest of the story until after school when we started watching tv. I saw Ruby shoot Oswald on tv. It amplified an era of mistrust that was just beginning.
TEAM SMART

n.c.rodder

Like River1, I was to young - (only 3 months old)

I know its not the same thing, but I was a junior in High School when President Reagan was shot.

Mike
Till we meet - On the street

Deuce

A lot of parallels have been drawn between John F Kennedy and the President elect ... I wonder if he will make his 4 years in office or if in another 40 or so years someone else will ask the question ... where were you when Obama was shot ?

:(
RETIRED.....no phone, no work and No money  :?

phat46

I was in a Catholic grade school at the time. I din't remember what class or what nun, but I do remember we prayed. At the time we heard  the news they had only said the president was shot, not that he was dead.

reborn55

taking high school chemistry test---very sad day

rumrumm

I was just about to come in from noon hour recess in the 8th grade when one of my class mates, who went home for lunch, came back to school and said the president has been shot. We thought he was b.s.ing us. When we sat down in study hall, our principal came in and announced it. A little while later he came in and announced he was dead. Everyone was numb. My parents were going to take me to the movie "PT 109" that night. We didn't go.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com

Dusty

I was at K55, Osan Korea...It was about 11 PM at night.  The whole base went on alert, and stayed that way for several weeks.  It was quite a time for us because they locked down the base and no one could get in or out.  I was in Ham Radio then too, and the amateur (MARS) station there had 2 teletypes running all the time getting news about what had happened.  We would take the printouts to the chow hall and post it for the troops to read while waiting in line for chow...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE