Tool auction

Started by enjenjo, June 20, 2004, 10:42:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

We went to a tool auction yesterday, in Montpeiler Ohio. Big auction, three lines going most of the day. Lots of Clarke tools and tool boxes, wire welders, sand blasers, drill presses, compressors, plus a bunch of industrial tools, compressors, conveyors, shears, brakes, welders. Outside there were trucks, cars, boats, manlifts, fork lifts, tugs, motor homes, trailers, motorcycles, ATV, mopeds, and more. Also several thousand die cast and plastic models, RC cars and parts, motorcycle parts, auto parts, twin post hoist, tire machines, manuals, and shop tools. Tanning beds, hair dryers, chairs, office furniture, and much, much more.

I bought seven tool boxes, damaged, for $30 total, four base cabinets, and three top boxes. I sacrificed one base cabinet for parts, and had all three top boxes and two of the base cabinets repaired last night, the other base is a easy fix, some bent drawers. Also a set of Mitchell manuals from 77 to 92 for $10, the rest of the parts for the BBQ grille for $5 four 1/2" cordless hammer drills for $27.50, some used tools for $2, and some model cars.

Frank III bought motorcycle tires and rims, computer parts, and some other stuff.

I didn't buy, but the wire welders sold for $100 each, $175 with a cart and helmet. Floor type drill presses went for $85, bench top drilll presses for $35. 2 hp compressors for $25 each, 5 HP for $110. Sand blasters for $35, blasting cabinets for $40.

There was some stuff that got silly, a Miller 250 wire welder sold for $2400, retail is $1800, a 76 Harley dresser for $13,000, 90 Honda Accord went for $5600, 85 Toronado for $3500, RC cars went for $250 each.

We had a fun day.

I have some Mitchel parts and labor guides, 1990, and 1992, and some aftermarket body parts catalogs, free to whoever wants them, postage only.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.