Installing front springs - rubber rings

Started by 48builder, November 10, 2008, 12:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

48builder

I got my motor back in the car yesterday. Now I want to get the front suspension back together. I bought new springs for the '87 Grand Prix clip, and I have two rubber rings that came off when I took the front end apart 8 years ago. I can't remember whether they go on top or on the bottom. My recollection is that they go on top, but I want to make sure. I could easily be wrong.

It feels good to make some progress, although I keep finding parts missing. I wish I had done a better job of marking things when I disassembled. Then today I was told I will be working in Rhode Island for the next 6 months. At least I get to come home on the weekends.

Thanks for any info

Walt
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver

enjenjo

The rings go on top. Does your clip have the big sway bar? Like 1 1/4"? It may have only came on the SJ models.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

48builder

Quote from: "enjenjo"The rings go on top. Does your clip have the big sway bar? Like 1 1/4"? .

Not sure the size that came on it, but I put a larger one on I grabbed from an F-body. I have another one here that is the biggest bar I have ever seen. I grabbed it from a another F-body, but figured I didn't need one that big. I forgot what I measured it as, but it is huge.

Thanks for the info.
'48 Chevy Custom sedan in progress-Z28 LT1 drivetrain, chopped, shortened, too many other body mods to list
'39 Chevy driver