Walker Radiators

Started by papastoyss, October 28, 2008, 07:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papastoyss

From time to time I've read posts about customer service or lack thereof on many vendors. When I bought my 40 Ford project last year, included in the deal was a Walker radiator. I took it to a local shop to have a fitting soldered in for the overflow /steam line (94 LT1 engine). The man tested it in his tank for leaks & discovered the lower tank was leaking & appeared to have cracked. I have a friend just south of Memphis who was coming to GG Bowling Green & he said he would take it to Walker for me for repairs. I enclosed a note w/phone # to call & I would give a card # for the repair bill. One week later here comes UPS grunting w/a big box. Iopened the box & lo& behold there was a NEW radiator @ NO CHARGE. WOW. I've always used Walkers but I will admit I've been tempted by cheaper brands. They really believe in taking care of a customer.
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

57larry

several yrs ago, my 9 yr old walker radiator blew. sent it back to Walker per my phone conversation with Vern JR.. he sent me a new one at no charge!! since that time, I bought 4 new Walker radiators for other projects

IC2

I talked to Vern Walker at a show about 8 - 10 years ago about a top tank leak - he said send it back and we'll make it good again. I did and they did - though it wasn't a new one, it was repaired and never leaked again - and it was at least 5 years out of any warranty