Wiring question

Started by Fat Fanny, October 28, 2008, 10:50:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fat Fanny

I am wiring my 1951 Chevy 3/4 ton and need to know if anyone sells some kind of device that covers the wires coming out of the 1" hole in the firewall. I am keeping my firewall clean but all these wires are looking like a bunch of spaghetti. I will be using the split loom but I would like something up there that covers the wire coming out of the hole so that it doesn't look so obvious and dresses up the firewall.

MrMopar64

www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

phat rat

Quote from: "sirstude"Look at this one also.

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?parta~dyndetail~Z5Z5Z50000042b~Z5Z5Z502651~P29.95~~~~S2HY0PGWWR206127138364~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000042b

Had one on my Studebaker

I used the same on my cpe. Been there for 11 years
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Fat Fanny

This is what I have in mind.  If it were larger by 2 it would be perfect.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2188507160099708909xIJXeD

MrMopar64

Why not just use the cover off an old style voltage reg.....

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

river1

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Why not just use the cover off an old style voltage reg.....

MM64  8)

that's a GREAT idea!!! );b(  );b(

i'll have to keep that in my idea file.

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

Fat Fanny

Quote from: "MrMopar64"Why not just use the cover off an old style voltage reg.....

MM64  8)
That's a good idea.  I was making some measurements while ago and it looks like the size needs to be around 3.5" X 2.5"

Charlie Chops 1940

I'm thinking I'll build one tomorrow. Use a 90 degree chuck of PCV system steel tube and a flange or just weld it in a hole on the lower firewall.

Need something on the '38 Ford Deluxe business coupe I'm working on for a friend.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

phat rat

I used the one that Doug and I posted. It's down low under the power brake booster and basically out of sight. I don't have any wires showing on the firewall nor on the innerfender panels. It sounds as though you want a clean firewall. So why clutter it up with a box? Put something down low and hidden. Charlie, what are you doing to Phils cpe?

Fat Fanny

I don't mind showing just the box with the wires not exposed.  I am trying to keep from having anything down too low to keep water, dirt and debris away.
I have closed all the other holes in the firewall so it looks pretty clean.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2532245060099708909mEqQss

Danimal

Looks nice so far. I'd hate to clutter that up as well. Post it up when you finish as well.

Why not just make something that looks like it should have been there?

phat rat

I don't think you need to worry about dirt and water getting in. Take another look at the pic Doug posted. That small rectangular open area is where the wire comes out and the only way for dirt or water to enter. Mines been in for 73,000 mi without problem. You have also have carpet or insulation over it inside