If it has Halibrand wheels, it must be a nice hot rod...???

Started by Flipper, October 19, 2008, 07:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flipper

My score from the swapmeet at Goodguys Bowling Green yesterday. A set of 18" Halibrand wheels w/ tires for $300. A couple of hours of polishing...... and my wife is off of my *. Her car now has big wheels.  I get to start on the Dodge.

Mac

I thought the PT Criuser 16" alloys I got off eBay were kinda trick on my Corolla, but yours trumps mine.  :b-d:
Who\'s yer Data?

Flipper

Quote from: "Mac"I thought the PT Criuser 16" alloys I got off eBay were kinda trick on my Corolla, but yours trumps mine.  :b-d:

These wheels were once on a PT Cruiser too.

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Mac

Quote from: "Crosley"PT wheels on a Corolla?  I'd never known.

8)

Well.... I did extensive research on bolt patterns (the Tire Rack website I think :roll: ) and narrowed my quest to PT's and new Beetle alloys. Then this deal floated past on Epay.  :)
Who\'s yer Data?

Flipper

My wife has decided that she can't deal with the pressure of being careful with a set of wheels.  She asked me to put her old wheels back on.

They are either going to go on ebay or get cut down into skinny wheels.

Anybody wnow what it would cost to get aluminum wheels narrowed?....cut down on the backside.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Flipper"My wife has decided that she can't deal with the pressure of being careful with a set of wheels.  She asked me to put her old wheels back on.
Good to hear that others have this problem too.... :wink:
George

rumrumm

Quote from: "Flipper"
Anybody wnow what it would cost to get aluminum wheels narrowed?....cut down on the backside.

IMO, you should sell the ones you have and buy new ones in the width you are looking for.
Lynn
'32 3W

I write novels, too. https://lsjohanson.com