Anybody need something hauled along I-80?

Started by purplepickup, June 21, 2004, 11:04:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

I'll be leaving Friday 3:30 AM from SW Michigan driving to Cheyenne, WY on I-80 then a little south into Colorado.  I'm picking up my ebay 31 Chevy cab that tomslik was nice enough to pick up and hold for me.  I'm driving a full sized van and pulling a 6 X 12 utility trailer.  If anyone wants anything shuttled in either direction I'm going out empty and I'll have some extra room on the way home.  You gotta meet me at an exit ramp tho cuz I don't want to take extra time running around.  I thought I'd offer...you never know.
George

George...Too bad you can't postpone your trip for a week...The Goodguys show in Des Moines is the July 4th weekend and is a mile off I-80.We live about an hour and 10 minutes North of 80,It would be a bit out of your way but we always have a warm bed and a hot shower available!Have a safe trip!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

purplepickup

Quote from: "40"George...Too bad you can't postpone your trip for a week...The Goodguys show in Des Moines is the July 4th weekend and is a mile off I-80.We live about an hour and 10 minutes North of 80,It would be a bit out of your way but we always have a warm bed and a hot shower available!Have a safe trip!

Daryle if you want to send me your phone # I might give you a call on the way home.  I want to time it so I go thru Chicago in the middle of the night Sunday so I might want to take a break to kill some time it right if I'm a little ahead of schedule.  It's hard to say what my schedule will be tho.  I just drive til I get tired, take a nap, and drive again.
George

Bob K

Quote from: "purplepickup"
Quote from: "40"George...Too bad you can't postpone your trip for a week...The Goodguys show in Des Moines is the July 4th weekend and is a mile off I-80.We live about an hour and 10 minutes North of 80,It would be a bit out of your way but we always have a warm bed and a hot shower available!Have a safe trip!

Daryle if you want to send me your phone # I might give you a call on the way home.  I want to time it so I go thru Chicago in the middle of the night Sunday so I might want to take a break to kill some time it right if I'm a little ahead of schedule.  It's hard to say what my schedule will be tho.  I just drive til I get tired, take a nap, and drive again.

George, I've got a room with 2 double beds 1 block off of I 80 for the the nights of July 1,2 and 3. You can use it to take a nap or stay the night if you need.

Bob
Have you ever wondered how your mother knew enough about people like me to warn you about us?

purplepickup

Quote from: "Faat Rod"George, I've got a room with 2 double beds 1 block off of I 80 for the the nights of July 1,2 and 3. You can use it to take a nap or stay the night if you need.

Bob

Thanks Bob.....you sweet talker :oops: ....but I'm going this weekend and just driving out and turning around and driving back.  I'll be at the cabin over the 4th this year.

I sure would like to see your '52 tho.  I guess I'll have to wait. :cry:
George

Bib_Overalls

George,

You never know about the weather in Nebraska.  If they close I80 due to snow you can cut south down I55 and go west on I40.  In that case, I am about an hour out of your way.  Bed, shower, and a dog to pet.  Think about it.

Bib
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks

purplepickup

Quote from: "Bib_Overalls"George,

If they close I80 due to snow you can cut south down I55 and......Bib

You might be right.  It's in the 40's and I'm pulling out right now.  (that didn't sound right... :shock: )

Me & Murf will see ya Saturday Mr tomslick if the lot lizards don't get me 8)
George