My new roadster

Started by WZ JUNK, October 19, 2008, 07:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WZ JUNK

I bought this one unfinished and then I sorted it all out during the last 4 weeks.  I took it to a couple of shows this last weekend and had a great time.  I have just a few loose end to finish up and then I will see if I can sell it.

I am having computer problems and it is difficult for me to post on the rrt.  I check in a couple of times a day though.  I just wanted everyone to know that I am still here but I can not post easily.  

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck
Former Crew chief #974 1953 Studebaker   
Past Bonneville record holder B/BGCC 249.9 MPH

WZ JUNK

I did the interior in aluminium.  I rolled the beads and then I had a friend cut the louvers.  I made the carpet myself and I did it so that it is split at the pedals and column and attached with velcro.  My intent was to make the carpet removeable easily when the car gets wet.  It is a roadster and sooner or later it will get wet.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

Crosley.In.AZ

John,

looks good.  give us some specs on it ,  body ,chassis, power  trian

:P>
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Crosley"John,

looks good.  give us some specs on it ,  body ,chassis, power  trian

:P>

It has a 350 roller motor with a 350 transmission.  9 inch rear.  4 wheel power disc brakes.  The tank on the front spreader bar I made into the radiator overflow tank.  It is a MAS tank that was brush finished.  I sanded and then polished it and made the mount.   5 inch dropped front axle with Vega cross steering.  Autometer gauges and LED Pontiac tailights.  Budnik wheels with the matching steering wheel on a tilt Ididit column.   The gas tank is in the trunk along with an Optima battery.  The body is a Show Me Rods that is made near where I live and it has the longer doors that make it easier to get in and out of the car.

It drives better than the red car that I sold earlier this summer.  It had the unisteer rack and they reduce the turning radius.  This car has coil over shocks with the Pete and Jake long bars that pivot near the center of the car on the transmission crossmember.  The front spring is a monoleaf and the front frame rails are notched for the spring.  The car sets very low.  I finished everything flat black so the new owner can pick their own color.

I priced it this weekend at $26,500 and I have a couple of serious inquires so we will see what happens.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck

1FATGMC

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"I did the interior in aluminium.  I rolled the beads and then I had a friend cut the louvers.  I made the carpet myself and I did it so that it is split at the pedals and column and attached with velcro.  My intent was to make the carpet removeable easily when the car gets wet.  It is a roadster and sooner or later it will get wet.

John

John I really like the interior and how you did that.  I'm giving some thought to maybe doing something like that with my pickup (1FATGMC) if I get it into more of a race mode.  

Hope you sell it soon, but not soon enough that you don't get some enjoyment out of it.

c ya,

Sum

GPster

Quote from: "WZ JUNK"My intent was to make the carpet removeable easily when the car gets wet.  It is a roadster and sooner or later it will get wet.
John
Might make it easier to get white salt out of it if it doesn't sell. GPster

Flipper

It looks like a pretty cool car for that price.  What's the catch?

WZ JUNK

Quote from: "Flipper"It looks like a pretty cool car for that price.  What's the catch?

No catch.  It has 450 miles on it and a good Missouri title in my name that matches the number on the frame.

John
WZ JUNK
Chopped 48 Chevy Truck