Odd / old design grease fittings

Started by tomslik, October 07, 2008, 11:10:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

goofy grease zerks on some of this old sh---stuff i've been working onn has these barrel looking things with a crossbar for grease zerks.
wold ANY of you happen to know a part# or mfgr of the grease gun end of the deal?
don't tell me to change out the zerks, the owner won't go for it as he wants to keep these cars as close to original as possible AND he has WAY too many of these old things to swap out...
these happen to be on a 27 nash if that helps.
sorry, no pics, don't have the camera at work.... :roll:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

wayne petty

on the 30 year old plews hand pump greese gun i have.. the tee where the tip screws on has several threaded steps on the end when i remove the tip...   i have run into cars that have plugs instead of zirks... so i take out the plug.. carefully thread in the hose.. it is a swivel type tee...with a threaded knob..  pump away and then reinstall the plugs...

this does not get you greased through the fitting.. but it does get you greased...

here is a link to the

http://www.alemite.com/catalog/details.aspx?identifier=fittings

hopefully you can identify what you have

there are buttons to click to see pictures of the various fittings...

tomslik

wayne petty

pin type  second from the bottom...

http://www.alemite.com/catalog/details.aspx?identifier=accessories_fittings_couplers

if you get a part number... napa probably has them....

tomslik

wayne petty

just for every surfing...

here is what the grease fitting looks like...

hope this helps someone ...  

maybe someone could change the subject line to odd grease fittings...

Crosley.In.AZ

Wayne .. good idear on the thread name change.

I remember these old fittings now.  Obviously have not seen them in many years.  I remember the odd ball grease gun fitting too.

:shock:
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Dusty

These might be an old design, but they are in use every day by the hundreds in the petro-chemjcal industry.  They are safety grease fittings.  You can grease a fitting without having the female end fly off.  You can also hook up the grease gun and give it a few pumps every so often without worring about it coming off.  

They are more common than you think.
More expensive, and take up a little more room.
Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

Crosley.In.AZ

interesting... these fittins are still used widely.

I do remember the grease gun fittin with the wing on it .... I remember this from many years ago when I helped (?) in a small garage my father worked at on the weekends (2nd job)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)