OMG My Roadster's not Politically Correct

Started by Grandadeo, October 09, 2008, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Last night my son borrowed my '32 to carry his friend who is running for a local government position in a high school home coming parade.  You know, the candidate sits on top of the seat back and waves, and there's elect me signs on the car.  Small town USA kind of stuff.  So I talked to my son after the deal and he tells me he thought it a good idea to put some black tape over my NSRA license plate frame.  ITs an old one for the NSRA southeast division that says "The South Shall Rise Again."  They quit making them a long time ago.  I live in the south by choice and am happy to be here.  I like that frame cause its rare and Gilbert Bugg gave it too me and that makes it a little special to me.  So I guess I'll just have to be Politically InCorrect and leave it at that.  

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

phat rat

Being politically correct isn't for everyone. Include me in that group. Besides rodders were rebels when we were young and in some cases they still are
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Okiedokie

tomslik

political correctness is WAY overrated...
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Uncle Bob

I guess it's the "rascist" thing isn't it?  Hang on, our lives are going to be filled with it for the next three weeks, perhaps more depending on the election results. :roll:
I think we're back to that old "silent majority" thing again.  Rascism isn't near the problem in this country that it's portrayed to be, though it does exist.  I just wish "normal" people wouldn't get so cowed when beaten with any of these politically correct notions.  My personal choice whenever accused of any form of PC is to ask the accuser why they are so mentally lazy that can't see past the propaganda that's been drilled into their brain.  Most of them are incapable of justifying their attack and either shut down or go away.

Beyond this little incident we're (as auto enthusiasts) going to be further pushed into the "undesireables" box.  Just a couple examples, the state environmental dept. here in Wa. is implementing a ban on washing your car in your driveway.  The surface water runoff is bad for the fishies (in their mind all water ends up in the ocean eventually) they say.  And no, biodegradable soap doesn't make any difference, that's harmfull too.  Then in CA starting with the '09 cars, it will be mandatory to post a 1 thru 10 rating on each new car sold rating it's harmfull impact on "climate change".  New York will do the same in '10.  This is a prelude to doing all cars in the future, probably at annual re-registration time, and evenually an additional tax will likely be associated with the rating.  As long as we don't resist the beat will go on.
Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity meet.

tomslik

Quote from: "Uncle Bob"I guess it's the "rascist" thing isn't it?  Hang on, our lives are going to be filled with it for the next three weeks, perhaps more depending on the election results. :roll:
I think we're back to that old "silent majority" thing again.  Rascism isn't near the problem in this country that it's portrayed to be, though it does exist.  I just wish "normal" people wouldn't get so cowed when beaten with any of these politically correct notions.  My personal choice whenever accused of any form of PC is to ask the accuser why they are so mentally lazy that can't see past the propaganda that's been drilled into their brain.  Most of them are incapable of justifying their attack and either shut down or go away.

Beyond this little incident we're (as auto enthusiasts) going to be further pushed into the "undesireables" box.  Just a couple examples, the state environmental dept. here in Wa. is implementing a ban on washing your car in your driveway.  The surface water runoff is bad for the fishies (in their mind all water ends up in the ocean eventually) they say.  And no, biodegradable soap doesn't make any difference, that's harmfull too.  Then in CA starting with the '09 cars, it will be mandatory to post a 1 thru 10 rating on each new car sold rating it's harmfull impact on "climate change".  New York will do the same in '10.  This is a prelude to doing all cars in the future, probably at annual re-registration time, and evenually an additional tax will likely be associated with the rating.  As long as we don't resist the beat will go on.

don't you know you can only be "racist" if you're white?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

phat rat

Quote from: "tomslik"
Quote from: "Uncle Bob"I guess it's the "rascist" thing isn't it?  Hang on, our lives are going to be filled with it for the next three weeks, perhaps more depending on the election results. :roll:

don't you know you can only be "racist" if you're white?

Of course you don't really think it could be the other way, do you? :)
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

Rayvyn

Quote from: "Grandadeo"Last night my son borrowed my '32 to carry his friend who is running for a local government position in a high school home coming parade.  You know, the candidate sits on top of the seat back and waves, and there's elect me signs on the car.  Small town USA kind of stuff.  So I talked to my son after the deal and he tells me he thought it a good idea to put some black tape over my NSRA license plate frame.  ITs an old one for the NSRA southeast division that says "The South Shall Rise Again."  They quit making them a long time ago.  I live in the south by choice and am happy to be here.  I like that frame cause its rare and Gilbert Bugg gave it too me and that makes it a little special to me.  So I guess I'll just have to be Politically InCorrect and leave it at that.  

Lee

Jeez Lee, ya causin' trouble again... :?:
I'm with you 100%. Don't change for anyone.
Alot of todays society doesn't have a clue what the saying means, and the other half won't get off their blackberry's long enough to care.

At least it didn't say "Welcome to Florida. Want to see my hanging chad?"
~:)
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...