Willys/Henry J finale...................

Started by dragrcr50, October 13, 2008, 06:55:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragrcr50

Sunday hooley and I met up for the last time in 08' at the annual  AHRA reunion race at mokan raceway in mo. in the final round we lined up and i whooped him on the start and then  we ran fender to fender headlight to headlight all the way , in the end Hooley got me by .002 second.  too close to see who won. so you just never know, I had the quicker light but he ran closer to dial ...You Da Man Hooley............Gasser champ 08'

see ya at the track next year....   to be continued
ownerWoodard racing and hot rod shop in mustang oklahoma. My  specialty is gassers &  nostalgia race cars , love the salt,

Charlie Chops 1940

That's the kinda races I like to see or hear about. Ya both did good!

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

393Bird

Thats Great, especially when you know each other well.
1993 Thunderbird
393 Stroker with a Vortect YSi. 825 RWHP

http://members.tccoa.com/392bird/

Hooley

You talk about racing. Sun at Mo-Kan there was all day of racing. If you get a chance to be there next year ,don't miss it. I ranks real close to the HAMB drags. Great time.
  I kinda noticed Sam's car was running a little faster than usual. Could their have been a cam change or something. A secret wepon to out run me, I don't know?
What a race Sam and I had for the final round. Almost heads up. If it wasn't for the lights you wouldn't know who won. CLOSE.
 I think there a lot of changes beening planed all through the GASSER group. I hear talk of a blower on one of them. Bigger motors. Lots of changes coming up. Stay tuned for the Winter brag sessions.

Hooley
"Just Glade To Be Here"