tyrell front suspension pics/info?

Started by tomslik, September 26, 2008, 05:09:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomslik

wondering if anybody had any technical info/pics/drawings/specs/anything  of the tyrell 4 wheel front suspension?
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

Crosley.In.AZ

tomslik,  you building another Mopar product?

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

tomslik

Quote from: "Crosley"tomslik,  you building another Mopar product?

8)

sorta (ramblers) but this is fot that "other" project...

wayne petty

i have some pictures that were sent to me by some volvo guy who wanted to build a dual steer super car...

the are 240mb each ... and nice crisp photos...

tomslik

Quote from: "wayne petty"i have some pictures that were sent to me by some volvo guy who wanted to build a dual steer super car...

the are 240mb each ... and nice crisp photos...

mind e-mailing them to me?
it SHOULD be in my profile....

wayne petty

you should have gotten the photos...

everytime i run across these photos.. i think of a friend a decade ago...

he was crew chief on a race team where aerodynamics were a no no....

i loved the look of the car pictured on the wall...  after he got to know me... he told me of the subterfuge that car was hiding...

he got tired of replacing the sides.... so he bonded on aluminum honeycomb panels picked up at boeing surplus...    between races... he described only needing to use paint thinner to wash off the tire circles left from the other cars...

when i quizzed him on the strange nose on the car.. he said that was a great secret...   they had no intention of winning races..  just get in the top 10... for the cash..       when they pulled into the pits...  they pulled off the nose and threw it on the grass nearby but threw a moving blanket over the front suspension to hide its secrets... it was a diversion tactic.. until someone looked under the nose sitting there unattended....   he described the car as having enough down force that it would blow out the tires if the driver pushed it..

i really don't approve of cheating... but it is the story i think about when i see these pictures..  and they are not the pictures of the car ..  just close...

it looked very close to this one...

http://www.lugnutsracing.com/files/gv_dallara5.jpg

i just read when i found this that this car went off the track and the driver was killed.. just a few months ago.,...