Bought a Mustang

Started by Beck, September 20, 2008, 09:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beck

I looked at 2 Mustangs this week.

The first was a '65 with original 37k mile Sprint model. The Sprint is a 6 cyl auto with special trim. It had nice original blue interior. It had been a little old lady car up until 17 yr ago. Then it was taken to a garage and parked. The hood, front fender and door had a parking lot hit and had been replaced. The door had been skinned. The car was pretty well ready for paint. The car had been white. My daughter didn't like the white so it would have had to change colors. The price was $5500 firm. This would be a nice car if I would have liked white, 6 cyl, and 4 lug wheels. I was afraid the original interior would crack at the seams when put to regular use. I don't car for the factory 2 tone blue interior either.

The second one which is the one I bought is a '68 with 289 and C4 auto. The rear quarters are original with no signs of patch or repair. The door pans have been replaced. They need a bit more welding to suit me. They are just tacked in. The car has a fresh blue paint job with way to big white stripes. Who ever painted the car got carried away with the clear. There are runs everywhere and dirt in it too. The interior is pretty well gutted. It has a factory bench seat that had been reupholstered. There is no exhaust system. There is supposidly a $4500 sound system in it. ?? Lots of speakers and 2 amps, some kind of control box under the seat, and a head unit that flips out with a screen display. This car was being built for a radio station for a give away car. Work on the car had been traded for advertisement. The project was abandoned. The seats have the call sign and numbers of the radio station sewn in the backs. The rear seat is missing. The side stripe has the same thing where the GT 350 label would be. The hood blinker holes have the number and call sign also. New tires and Crager SS wheels. The motor and transmission look to be fresh rebuilds. The intake is a 2bl and the carb it really acting up. The brakes don't work. The windshield and rear glass are missing. It is going to need all weather stripping, and a lot of trim. I got it for $4k.

Beck

I forgot to say that I did find the car on Craigslist.

Anyone have a 68 or 67 parts car. I need the front and rear glass and the rear seat, probably a ton of little stuff too. I haven't got that far yet. There is still one project ahead of this one.