Tractor go BOOM!

Started by purplepickup, June 21, 2004, 02:03:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

purplepickup

Here's some pics from a tractor pull in Bay City, MI over the weekend.   This tractor is from Indiana and runs in the 8000lbs Diesel Super Stock class, it had a 504ci inline 6 IH engine with 4 turbo chargers.  Intake manifold pressure from the turbos run from 200-250 psi, this helps a tractor that originally made around 120hp, make somewhere around 2100-2400hp!!  

A friend at work took the pictures.

Here's what it USED to look like

BOOM

The remains...

This pic is from the internet
George

Phat

I guess when you pull the trigger on Lock and Load ya had better be standing back a bit....one h ell of a kick  LOL  Looks very expensive!
Old racers go in deep and come out hard

Sean

A friend of mine is one of the Top Pullers in Missouri. He runs IH stuff too, and last I heard he had about $60K just in the Engine!! He and his Dad are Farmers though, so I imagine they can do a little creative Tax work and write most of it off... :wink:

Here's his... http://www.pullerzone.com/pullersmachine.asp?VehicleID=31

SKR8PN

Bet THAT made his ears rings for bit..........
His wallet SCREAM.........
And his underwear,worthless.............
If we are what we eat.........
Then I am fast,cheap and easy.

Pep

Looking at all the schrapnel (spl) flying around its a wonder no one got hit, including the driver......I just wonder what he's thinking in the pic where he is just sitting there looking at the big gap where the engine used to reside...I think we should do a best caption....Mine is..

"Im afraid to stand up cause everyone will see just how scary that was"
See Ya
Pep

Dirk35

I like the caption:

"On you mark, Get set,.............. BLOW! HaHa, fooled you...............Oh wait.................!!!!!!!"

We havent pulled any tractors since I threw a rod in my little 20hp Onan, and dad lost control of the V-6 puller and ran it into a fence when the throttle stuck, all in the same show. We pulled the smaller ones. I really think we need to seel them all off, cause its very expensive, even for the little ones.

purplepickup

Quote from: "Pep"...I think we should do a best caption....

"Let's see....was that 4 parts nitro, 1 part coleman fuel,
and 3 moth balls ......or was it....????"
George

Fat Cat

Quote from: "Pep"...I think we should do a best caption....

Boy if this doesn't blow up it should get me a full pull no problems.

34ford

Geez, I should have used those Grade 8 head bolts like the wife said.