60-66 econoline spindels

Started by Crosley.In.AZ, August 29, 2008, 11:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crosley.In.AZ

on a straight axle with  60-66 econoline spindels ... what is used to put disc brakes on there?
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

chimp koose

carnut had a post about it titled 61-67 econoline discs,the end of the post has a link to a roger mingle for the parts list. the only non stock part is the caliper bracket made from a piece of flat plate.I would like to do that mod on my spindles when I get to building my T coupe. Thats why I saved the link. What are you planning to put them on?

Carnut

Leon

The econoline can be a real dog...
[/url]

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks for the web link...  I am trying to help out a friend with the axle.'

8)
Tony

GPster

The EMT Junkie has been waiting for a set-up for Econoline spindles from Total Performance for months. They seem to be a BO item. I think he got the spindles from Charlie Chops so maybe he (Charlie) has another idea where they can be gotten from.It's a shame that the three people that might know something (Vance, Charlie and Frank) haven't responded because I'm sure I got some part of this wrong. I just needed to type. GPster

enjenjo

I'm looking. As I recall, there is a rotor that will fit with no modification at all, but I don't remember what it was. I'll find it. :roll:
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

enjenjo

I found it. Ford Arostar rotors will bolt right up.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

Charlie Chops 1940

I don't know whose kits are out there. I had an axle that required the Econoline spindles...didn't use and sold them to Lance.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Crosley.In.AZ

thanks again guys.

My buddy  Bert  already received help from the link to Roger.

Bert mentioned some years of Ford Ranger brake rotors  bolt on to the spindals too.  Must be the same deal as the AeroStar mini-van rotor

:T)
Tony

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"I don't know whose kits are out there. I had an axle that required the Econoline spindles...didn't use and sold them to Lance.

Charlie

And I didn't use them either  :oops:
I couldn't find steering arms :x
I sold them to a guy on another site, and ordered a set of TP spindles.

once again, I'm absolutely no help :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

butch27

I got a steering arm from MAS.