Magazine article date???

Started by moose, September 09, 2008, 06:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moose

I seem to recall a magazine article where the author used a frying pan to make covers for disc brakes. Anyone remember the article? If so which mag and date?

Tim

Rayvyn

Quote from: "moose"I seem to recall a magazine article where the author used a frying pan to make covers for disc brakes. Anyone remember the article? If so which mag and date?

Tim

If you're refering to covers that go behind the rim to block off brake dust, I don't remember that exact article, but I have seen stainless pizza pans used for the same purpose.
***SFC-Team Smart***

What can a bird do that a man can\'t?

Whistle through his pecker...

moose

Quote from: "Rayvyn"
Quote from: "moose"I seem to recall a magazine article where the author used a frying pan to make covers for disc brakes. Anyone remember the article? If so which mag and date?

Tim

If you're refering to covers that go behind the rim to block off brake dust, I don't remember that exact article, but I have seen stainless pizza pans used for the same purpose.

No. These were to hidethe rotors on an open wheled car. other side of the brakes from the wheels.

Tim

MrMopar64

I think it was in Rod and Custom...... If not it was Street Rodder cuz those are the only 2 I get and I remember seeing the article...

MM64  8)
www.rgkustoms.com
www.rg-kustoms.com
Racing.... Because Baseball, Football, & Basketball
Only Require One Ball..... Gotta Race
  :lol:

Bib_Overalls

Do a search on the HAMB.  There was something about this over there recently.
An Old California Rodder
Hiding Out In The Ozarks