It's a snap wipers

Started by oddjob, August 13, 2008, 06:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddjob

Hi did anyone use these wipers did you have difficulty pluming them.there isn't a good way for me to fish the aluminium tubing thru the A pilar with the bends I need to make I was thinking of using copper  tubing insted of the aluminium the cable has to be greased up any way. any thoughts thanks Russ
Dodge Ram Tuff With Ford And Chevy Stuff

UGLY OLDS

I think you have to maintain a 3" radius on the tubing..Aluminum or otherwise..Most guys mounting the pivots above the windshield mount the motor in the roof & cover it with the headliner...Do a search on the HAMB...I remember seeing something about them over there....

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

enjenjo

I have done this successfully in the past. What you have to do it make sure you have enough clearance for it to fit through the pillar, sometimes a problem on a chopped car. Then just start feeding it in from the top, bending a bit at a time in a smooth curve so it follows the pillar. When you can see it coming out of the pillar at the bottom, you have to start bending it to go where the motor will be mounted. Just take your time, and dont cut the conduit untill it's all in place. Once it's where you want it, you can cut it to the right length, and flare the ends to fit in the holder. Make sure the drive cable will move freely before you go any further, if it does, install the rest of the parts.

I see no reason you could not used copper tubing, or even steel tubing.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

47convert

Not to steal you post but can anyone tell me how well these work. I'm trying to decide whether to buy these or the Specialty unit. Thanx.

2rods

I have used copper before as I nothing else and it was the same size as the aluminum tubing used on an MG wiper system that I used.

38HAULR

70,s Jaguar is another sysem to look at,especially if you want to free up behind dash panel space. Motor assy sits behind floor kick panel ,you can alter the spacing between the wiper shafts with flared steel fuel line,This system relies on a back and forward motion of a cable to activate the wiper arm gear .Wiper sweep should also   be adjustable via changing the position of the pivot pin on the revolving motor gear that drives the cable..........Frank.