FRUIT of The VINE

Started by Dusty, August 10, 2008, 12:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

SOON to be WINE...

I know it's a little off topic, but Wine drinkers, can relate to this...These are Muscadines that I have in my "Vineyard". For all you from above the Mason Dixon line, these are southern grapes, which were developed from a wild grape known as the Scuppernong, which was found in North Carolina back in the early 1800's...There are now more than 200 varities of Muscadines, Pronounced "Muskah-dines".

The Doctors tell us to drink one glass of red wine a day because it helps the heart...Well that magic ingredient in grapes that does this for us, is 10 times higher in Muscidines, so we need to drink more Muscidine wine...

Here are several varities I grow...I have 8 varities. Here are a couple of reds, referred to as Black, and a couple of Bronze, that actually look Bronze. They are getting ready, and we should have them all picked by the end of next week...
They all have a slightly different flavor and amount of acidity and sweetness. Actually the ones best for wine don't taste good enough to be a "Table Grape". But you can get very Excellent 2 year old wine from them.
Or Darn good 2 day old wine.

Harry

They are different.
We have some excellent wine up here in British Columbia.
Have you tried ice wine? The grapes can only be picked when it's freezing temperatures outside.
Did you know...the grape vines in France had California roots?

Dusty

I have tried the ice wine...You can do it in a freezer if you have the room...I takes a while.  We try to freeze our grapes before crushing because it gets more liquid and flavor, but I don't always have the freezer room.  You can also distill in the freezer, but it is still illegal

I did know about the French wine...I think it was in the 1800's that all their Vinyards were destroyed by a blight, and they came to California for new root stock.  So theoretically, all French wine has Califoria beginnings...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

EMSjunkie

I met a French girl while I was in California.....does that count :?:  :?:  :idea:
no wine was involved tho........ :oops:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dusty

Probably no rootstock either!!!!

What was her name....BAAAAAABS??
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "Dusty"Probably no rootstock either!!!!

What was her name....BAAAAAABS??

LMAO!!!!

now that I think about it............that was her name :oops:  :shock:  :wink:

I wondered why she never took off her sweater :?:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

Dusty

She musta really pulled the wool over your eyes......

Dusty
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas

UGLY OLDS

Quote from: "Dusty"She musta really pulled the wool over your eyes......

Dusty

Not the hardest thing in the world to do... :?  Or so I'm told...... :roll:  :roll:

Bob....... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****