Straight Axle Info Needed....

Started by UGLY OLDS, September 16, 2008, 08:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hey kids...I needs some help....I'm setting up the front end on my A. ( 4" dropped axle..Reversed eye spring..Hairpin radius rods..)  What I need to know is how much clearance between the center of the top of the axle & the bottom of the U-bolt "plate" is acceptable  :?:  I mocked mine up using only the main leaf & a spacer to make up the space for the other spring leafs....To me it looks low..Really neat , but kinda low for our type of roads....Can anybody give me an idea of how much clearance is needed at ride height  :?:  I was gonna check a bunch of cars at the Zoo, how ever I failed to bring my scuba stuff.... :lol:  :lol:

Thanx up front......Bob......... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

phat46

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"Hey kids...I needs some help....I'm setting up the front end on my A. ( 4" dropped axle..Reversed eye spring..Hairpin radius rods..)  What I need to know is how much clearance between the center of the top of the axle & the bottom of the U-bolt "plate" is acceptable  :?:  I mocked mine up using only the main leaf & a spacer to make up the space for the other spring leafs....To me it looks low..Really neat , but kinda low for our type of roads....Can anybody give me an idea of how much clearance is needed at ride height  :?:  I was gonna check a bunch of cars at the Zoo, how ever I failed to bring my scuba stuff.... :lol:  :lol:

Thanx up front......Bob......... :wink:

Ive got just a hair over 2" on mine, hasn't hit yet!