George's High Tech Cabin Rodent Exterminator

Started by Dusty, July 17, 2008, 10:04:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusty

George...

Your Tech paper on planning and construction features that you posted some time back, inspried me to build one for our Cabin in Western PA.  
However I had to build an improved model and go with the V8 option...
I think it may run better.  I also engineered some tasty tid bits (Roasted Peanuts) embedded in the final coating of the rolling chassis...
And you can see I made it a 2 stage entry, with fresh Prestone for the enjoyment of the unwanted guests.....
I will give you a performance report next fall whn I return there during Buck season...
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

purplepickup

Yup, as soon as they dive off that board onto that can, it'll spin and they'll plop into the anti freeze.  You'll be impressed when you go back out there.   I just got back from my cabin and emptied a couple pickled mice out of my bucket yesterday.  The anti freeze keeps them from stinking too.  I haven't had a mouse nest or any nibbling anywhere in the cabin since I put that in there.  

Hope those New England mice like peanut butter as much as ours do. :wink:
George

wayne petty

that is the best idea for a mouse and rat trap i have ever seen.....

years ago i got to the shop and found on of the techs turning his head away and dropping a length of 2x4 into the office trash can.... trying to do the mice in...

my cat at the time loved mice... i pulled the trash out... dropped in a brake pad box with the lid tucked in but slightly open... little triangles open at each end...  i shook the trash... the mouse ran in.. i pushed down on the box and closed him in... then drove him home to meat my cat... my cat could not understand why a box would smell like a mouse... but when i flipped the box open and the mouse took off... my cat did a 4 wheel burn out taking off to get him..

a few weeks later... i brought home 2 mice... same type of box... i caught my brothers cat and mine....  took them out to the front yard.. put them down and flipped out the mice... my cat under stood the mouse in the box theory.. my brothers was not quite ready for that kind of advanced concept... and took off at a full run.... EEEKKK!!! mice in boxes.. i still giggle when i think of it...  is that machine patented??? i want to make one for my mom.....

UGLY OLDS

Looks GREAT ....  LOTS less upkeep than mine..... :lol:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****