air cleaner ID

Started by river1, July 18, 2008, 02:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

river1

what kind of car had an air cleaner like this one? pic borrowed from don's slte.

thanks in advance

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

34ford

Don't think it an actual air cleaner per say. Looks to be a lid for something like a cake pan, communion tray, old boiling pot or storage container that has been polished up real nice. Look in the household section of the local goodwill and probably find something like that.

bob

Crosley.In.AZ

Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

sirstude

1965 Impala SS  502
1941 Olds

Watcher of #974 1953 Studebaker Bonneville pas record holder B/BGCC 249.945 MPH.  He sure is FAST

www.theicebreaker.us

Dusty

Jim...
I had a 1975 Chevy pickup, and it looks like the one that was on it, not chrome of course...But we used to turn those upside down thinking we would get more air to the engine, plus the sound of all that air moving at WOT, was Music....
Benny Rhoads
Orange,  Texas
THE SECOND MOUSE GETS THE CHEESE

wayne petty

not a clue... but i have always thought that if i wanted a neat air filter lid... i would call over to moon equipment and see what size and shape they use for wooden blocks/ forms are...   machine up a nice design and have them spin some up.....

hmm...    maybe a hub and bearing assy from a junker... a rotor to mount a sprocket to  and bolt the wooden block to the wheel studs...

and for those who like fresh air and remote filters.... this weeks junk yard run i pulled an air inlet elbow off a FWD cad... it fits perfectly on the fairlane project...   and looks so much better than the red buick turbo carb inlet...

UGLY OLDS

Possibly a '57 T-Bird  :?:  (Hint.... Look REAL close at the car it's in.... :? )

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Carnut