700R4 problem

Started by Texrodder, July 07, 2008, 12:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texrodder

The 700R4 tranny in my 34 Ford coupe suddenly started having problems yesterday - was reluctant to shift 1-2  and 2-3 and when it did shift it shifted very hard.  Would not ever go into overdrive.  When I got home I checked the fluid level which looked like it was about 3/4" above normal level and did notice some foam on the dip stick so thought that it may have been a combination of overfilling and foaming.  Let car set overnight and today still have the same problem.

Any suggestions of where to start looking for the problem?  Tranny has always shifted perfectly until return trip yesterday.  Weather was hot - 96F but then thats normal in Texas.  Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Don

Learpilot

Quote from: "Texrodder"The 700R4 tranny in my 34 Ford coupe suddenly started having problems yesterday - was reluctant to shift 1-2  and 2-3 and when it did shift it shifted very hard.  Would not ever go into overdrive.  When I got home I checked the fluid level which looked like it was about 3/4" above normal level and did notice some foam on the dip stick so thought that it may have been a combination of overfilling and foaming.  Let car set overnight and today still have the same problem.

Any suggestions of where to start looking for the problem?  Tranny has always shifted perfectly until return trip yesterday.  Weather was hot - 96F but then thats normal in Texas.  Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks
Don
Check to see if your TV cable came off.
Rick

Texrodder

Quote from: "Learpilot"
Quote from: "Texrodder"The 700R4 tranny in my 34 Ford coupe suddenly started having problems yesterday - was reluctant to shift 1-2  and 2-3 and when it did shift it shifted very hard.  Would not ever go into overdrive.  When I got home I checked the fluid level which looked like it was about 3/4" above normal level and did notice some foam on the dip stick so thought that it may have been a combination of overfilling and foaming.  Let car set overnight and today still have the same problem.

Thanks
Don
Check to see if your TV cable came off.
Rick