Can I sit in here? - Intro

Started by houston54, June 18, 2008, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

houston54

Here is a pic of the gauges and LEDs I installed in the truck.  Still waiting to put mile number 1 on the odometer.  Will post some pics soon of the seat I am using.  Got lucky and found one that fits width wise perfectly and includes belts.

Team???  Nope - what is the deal?

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "houston54"I hear that is a common problem in Amarillo. At least the cows are safe. :lol:

:)S(  :)S(  :)S(  :)(  :)(  :)(  :(U)  :(U)  :(U)

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vance
"I don\'t know what your problem is, but I bet its hard to pronounce"

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders
Member, National Sarcasm Society  "Like we need your support"
*****Co-Founder  Team Smart*****

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "jusjunk"
Quote from: "houston54"I hear that is a common problem in Amarillo. At least the cows are safe. :lol:

Your gonna be alright... Hummmm did someone clue you in about the team  :?:  :?:
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

He's from Houston.......he's over qualified :roll:  :wink:  :wink:  :lol:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

UGLY OLDS

That's if he can't find a ladder... :roll:  :roll:  Or a short & patient cow........   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Welcome to the RRT & pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.... :?  :?

Bob..... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

OldSub

I own one wagon and I'm currently trying to reel in another, a '57 Chevy wagon that has been sitting in a friend's garage for ten years.  I love wagons.

It's the truck thing I don't understand.

And when I passed twelve of them I think it tested my wife's understanding too...

Welcome to RRT Houston.  But please don't tell the Stovebolters about my wagon problem.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

houston54

Steve!  Good to hear you are on here.  Don't worry about my saying anything on that other site.  I am no longer a member there.  

What are these "teams' they mention here?

Was able to download the pics of the seat I will be using.  It is the middle seat from a Chevy Astro van (did not notice the year) and has integrated belts.  The color will work fine for now.  I cut about 4 inches off the base and welded mounting flanges on.  Currently fitting the floor insulation and the carpet afterwhich this can be bolted down.

river1

Quote from: "houston54"What are these "teams' they mention here?

that would be "TEAM SMART" a team you want to avoid becoming a member of :?  :?

once you get jumped in you're a member for life and even penicillin won't get rid of it :shock:  :shock:

keep your wits about you and you'll be fine

later jim
Most people have a higher than average number of legs.

OldSub

Jay (it is Jay isn't it?), I believe they are referring to Team Smart.  As I understand it the initiation for entry into the team is revealing all the gory details of a smart thing you've done while working on your project.

The last new member I read about dropped a motor and broke the crank snout.

Its a very prestigious group and I believe everyone aspires to qualify some day.

Now that you mention it I haven't seen you at the other place in a while.  If you announced your departure I missed it.  This place and several others I read every day, but don't often post on most of them.

Steve@OldSub.com
www.OldSub.com . www.MaxwellGarage.com . www.OldGasTowRigs.com

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "OldSub"snout.

Its a very prestigious group and I believe everyone aspires to qualify some day.

We've been called alot of things........"prestigious" has never been one of them :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

truth be know, we all have qualified at one time or another, some of us qualify on a daily basis :!:  :!:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders

UGLY OLDS

QuoteWe've been called alot of things........"prestigious" has never been one of them :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey Vance....
You don't get that there "prestigious" thing from sheep's , do ya' :?:  :?:

You bein' a EMT & all...You autta know..... :oops:  :oops:

Does this we gotta get them shots  :?:  :?:

AGAIN  :?:  :?:   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Bob........ :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

Danimal

Glad to see you (and your gauges and your truck and your dog) made it!

Thanks for the support on my boy's project.

That seat thing is cool, too! I'm using a front seat from an 88 or so Chevy that Enjenjo gutted. Fit just right, just needs a bit of a height boost. I like the integral seat belt idea. Maybe I'll have to cruise the pick & pull!

Enough with the talk about sheep and goats. As many of you Team Smart members know, they are near and dear to my heart! And my rubber boots... :shock:

houston54

Dan the Man!  Thanks for the welcome.  Dan and I came up with the gauge bucket idea at almost the same time.  Must be something about warped minds.  At least my boots do not come near farm animals.  

I think I will try hard to remain a free agent and not get drafted to a team just yet.  Glad to be here.

EMSjunkie

Quote from: "UGLY OLDS"
QuoteWe've been called alot of things........"prestigious" has never been one of them :shock:  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

Hey Vance....
You don't get that there "prestigious" thing from sheep's , do ya' :?:  :?:

You bein' a EMT & all...You autta know..... :oops:  :oops:

Does this we gotta get them shots  :?:  :?:

AGAIN  :?:  :?:   :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Bob........ :wink:

Only if ya kiss 'em on the mouth :shock:

but Penicillin should clear it up in a day or 2 :wink:

Vance

1934 Ford 3 Window
Member, Rural Rodders