Mustang ll brake hoses

Started by Topsterguy, June 11, 2008, 02:25:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Topsterguy

Okay, on the 40 PU I'm building I'm using all the stock 74-79 Mustang ll pieces - rotors, calipers etc - and 2" dropped spindals. The problem is that using the stock brake hoses with the 2" dropped spindals, the hoses won't screw into the calipers because the first 2" or so is the metal  fitting part and it runs right into the spindal. Anyone else had this problem? If so does anyone have the solution or part number of hoses that will work? Thanks ahead !  Larry
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

wayne petty

are the calipers on the correct side?????

got any picts.??????

Topsterguy

Quote from: "wayne petty"are the calipers on the correct side?????

got any picts.??????

Yep, they're on the right side.The bleeders go up, the inlet for the hoses is towords the top , go forward so the hose is under the upper A arm as per stock. Problem is that with the 2" spindals  the calipers are moved up along with the rotors so where the hose would clear on the stock setup it now goes into the caliper higher up so it now doesn't clear the upper part of the spindal............which is still in the same location as stock. I'll see about a pic.
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

papastoyss

Try the aftermarket braided hose kits. I've used them on several cars w/dropped spindles & can always rotate the banjo where it will clear .  The last kit I bought was around 55 or 60 bucks  but its been a year or so .
grandchildren are your reward for not killing your teenagers!

Charlie Chops 1940

Larry,

Do these hoses screw straight into the caliper? Memory says that is the case which negates a banjo fitting. The braided hose deal might work. A few years ago I switched my '40 Chev over to the ECI big brake kit. Much better and the GM caliper uses banjo fittings. I didn't use dropped spindles though so there's another apple to orange.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Topsterguy

Quote from: "Charlie Chops 1940"Larry,

Do these hoses screw straight into the caliper? Memory says that is the case which negates a banjo fitting. The braided hose deal might work. A few years ago I switched my '40 Chev over to the ECI big brake kit. Much better and the GM caliper uses banjo fittings. I didn't use dropped spindles though so there's another apple to orange.

Charlie

Hey Charlie!  Yeah, they screw straight in. The problem is the 2" or so long hard end, but the braided hoses might be the answer in the end. Thanks guys!  L