Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: "Roadstar"Update.... It was loose :oops:

But consider the invaluable tech in this thread :wink:

Easy fix then.. where ya been and what ya been doing dude :?:  :?:  :?:  :?:
Its like ya kinda vanished..
Dave :wink:  :arrow:

C9

Another one that can help, have the pulleys powder coated.

Powder coating, whn dry, has a high coefficient of friction.

The powder on my 32s pulleys lasted about 4 years before it wore off.  Probably 16,000 miles or so.

I understand that powder coating lasts a long time on Harley chain sprockets as well.

The stuff is tough....
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Topsterguy

Believe it or not a quick fix that lasts for quite awhile is to spray the belt with WD-40 while it's running! No, really!!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

C9

Quote from: "Topsterguy"Believe it or not a quick fix that lasts for quite awhile is to spray the belt with WD-40 while it's running! No, really!!

That makes the slipping quiet?  :lol:

WD-40 melts natural rubber, not sure if I'd want to do it.
C9

Sailing the turquoise canyons of the Arizona desert.

Mikej

Who would of thought that :lol:

Roadstar

Quote from: "jusjunk"

I'm still here. didn't have a car all last summer, so just kinda layed low for awhile. Belive me I miss hanging out with the people I have met here.

Dave

Quote from: "Roadstar"
Quote from: "jusjunk"

I'm still here. didn't have a car all last summer, so just kinda layed low for awhile. Belive me I miss hanging out with the people I have met here.

well rudy im having trouble making any shows this summer.. Tween working around the house and going to races with sue and the kids and a race week vacation hell i dont have time for nuttin :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  It aint all bad though cause im still alive.. I guess i shifted a lot of priorities after the heart attack and the car shows lost  :lol:  :lol: Qt with the family rates higher now.. Im planning a small show this weekend and that will be the first one and possible a cruise tomorrow evening.. Then there is the bike deal in jackson this weekend and a possible ride to port huron to help my youngest pick up a new used ford ranger.. Sure free time  :lol:  :lol:
Dave

Topsterguy

Quote from: "C9"
Quote from: "Topsterguy"Believe it or not a quick fix that lasts for quite awhile is to spray the belt with WD-40 while it's running! No, really!!

Just something an "old mechanic" told me!
"If a man is alone in the forest and speaks, and there\'s no woman around, is he still wrong?"

enjenjo

Quote from: "Topsterguy"
Quote from: "C9"

Just something an "old mechanic" told me!

It does stop the squealing, it doesn't stop the slipping. It just slips quietly.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.