Master Cylinder - Booster Combo

Started by teal32, May 28, 2008, 04:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teal32

Is there someone that makes a 7" Booster for disc/disc systems? While doing the 454 to LS2 swap, I find that my 8" booster is going to be too close to the fuel rail covers. I can't lower the motor any more, so I thought I would go to a 7" booster. Since I don't do a lot of stop and go city driving with the hot rod, I figured the 7" would be okay. Or am I wrong? HELP!!! :(D) Any other ideas or thought would be appreciated. I've checked with Jegs and Summit, but the "salesman" at both places only looked at what they sell.
Your drug test came back positive...Welcome aboard!

Don\'t get to close....I\'m alergic to stupid

Bugpac

I can  have it shipped tomorrow, 7" diameter...with or without the master.... You get the Team Discount to.... :D

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/p/1983,353_Single-Brake-Booster-and-Master-Cylinder-Combo.html?itemNo=brake%20booster
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
*****Youngest Member of THE TEAM*****

wayne petty

thursday i was at the power brake booster rebuilder out here in la...

had to swap the booster off the 75 E250/460.....

it has a 7 and a half inch booster version that comes on the 3/4 and larger ton vans with 2 piston calipers...

i have known this guy for a bunch of years... and keep him doubled over with jokes...

we got talking about small diameter power brake boosters...

seems 65 mustangs came with a 7 inch booster that has the vacuum fitting at the bottom like is shown above...

just thought i would share what i found out.... he was out of stock on them as the cores are hard to find...

he did mention that there is an imported app... that had a smaller diameter booster... he had some... but his help sold them outright it seems and no cores came back...  he did not remember the app...

i need to go back next week... to drop off some stuff from storage.. i will see if he remembers then...

az has pics on line of the boosters...

and just for the info... many masters will bolt onto the front of either of these boosters....

enjenjo

The 7" boosters don't give enough boost for most people, but there are 7" dual diaphram boosters the are the same diameter, but longer, that do a good job.  http://www.mpbrakes.com/products/product-detail.cfm?product_id=215
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.