flathead #'s info needed (av8?)

Started by phat rat, June 07, 2004, 04:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

Would like too know what the following numbers mean. Top of block 1/2 way down right side A15967, top right of block at rear G10G, top right side of bellhousing mount A0912 :?:
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

av8

Quote from: "phat rat"Would like too know what the following numbers mean. Top of block 1/2 way down right side A15967, top right of block at rear G10G, top right side of bellhousing mount A0912 :?:

I'm not much of a numbers guy, Jack, but I think you will find someone who is on fordbarn.com.

Sorry I couldn't provide an answer.

Mike

phat rat

Thanks Mike I had posted the question over there also. I was just over there and recieved an answer that the block's a 51 (G10G means Jan. 10,51) No answer on what the other numbers mean. Just got in from tearing it down and the block's junk, one piston rusted bad (part of it gone) couldn't get it to budge even with a BIGGGGG hammer and a piece of channel iron hitting it from the bottom, did bust part of the piston off though. Been rebuilt sometime in the past as the crank's .020-.020. So got lots of swap meet parts.
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

av8

Quote from: "phat rat"Thanks Mike I had posted the question over there also. I was just over there and recieved an answer that the block's a 51 (G10G means Jan. 10,51) No answer on what the other numbers mean. Just got in from tearing it down and the block's junk, one piston rusted bad (part of it gone) couldn't get it to budge even with a BIGGGGG hammer and a piece of channel iron hitting it from the bottom, did bust part of the piston off though. Been rebuilt sometime in the past as the crank's .020-.020. So got lots of swap meet parts.

Bummer  :(  It's getting increasingly difficult to find good blocks, as I'm sure you know.  I was extremely lucky to buy two complete motors -- one 8BA, one 8CM -- with excellent blocks from Rocky of the HAMB last year. (Actually, the crank had been "harvested" from the Mercury but I had a backup.) Tardel wasn't as lucky recently when two that he had bake-and-blast cleaned turned out to be bad. Keep huntin', and good luck.

Mike