Tornados

Started by enjenjo, May 11, 2008, 03:42:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

enjenjo

I got a message from Wzjunk.

QuoteWe are okay and we used the new shelter last night.

We had a big one go through last evening and several people were killed in our area with lots of damage but no damage at my place. We missed the storm by a couple of miles. It just missed Jerry Pace as he was within site of the tornado when it went through

John

No Idea about any of the others in that area.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Spring is a scary time all through the midwest.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

I had an e-mail exchange with John earlier today and hew mentioned that they were okay and had it pass just north of them.

Glad they were all right
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

jaybee

Glad everyone is OK.  Been there more than once, it's a tense moment.  The good of a tornado is it doesn't have the widespread destruction of a hurricane.  The bad is where it hits it hits hard.  Around here they claim any given point is likely to get hit every 4500yrs on average.  Where he lives it's probably somewhat more often.
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength. Eric Hoffer  (1902 - 1983)

DrJ

There was a couple of tornados yesterday heere in So Cal.
It was out in the Riverside area and tossed some trucks around on the I-15 andpicked up and tossed some RR box cars too.
Enjenjo, for reference, this was out in the area where we visited Mark Morton's Gallery/Museum that time.
It's snowing in the local mountains too!

Crosley.In.AZ

that tomslik fellow mentioned to me that the colorado tornados that touched down  were about 20 miles from him.

that is too * close for me.

8)
Tony

Plutophobia (Fear of money)

Carps

Makes me kinda glad I lve here in Oz.

We might get some rain every now and then.
Carps

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift.