EXTRA...EXTRA...READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!!!!!

Started by UGLY OLDS, May 09, 2008, 11:24:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UGLY OLDS

Hey guys...Just thumbing through the new July Street Rodder ... Some body who knows the RRT LOTS better than me has to review the Detroit Autorama article ...I have a hunch it's going to be a "Who's -Who" of the RRT ...Chuck's roadster is on page 54..Congrats Chuck !!

Deniese's Big Olds is on page 58..( Same page as the Riddler Award winner ),  good goin' Deniese !!!!!  
There is a good sized spread on the pinstriper guy's ...

I don't know too many folk's personally from the board so's somebody who knows everybody has got to look at this article QUICK & identify the "WINNERS".....CONGRATS to ALL ...... :D  :D  :D  8)

Bob...... :wink:
1940 Oldsmobile- The "Ugly Olds"
1931 Ford sedan- Retirement project

***** First Member of Team Smart*****

HotRodLadyCrusr

Not sure how many of the guys below are both RRT and HAMB guys but here they are anyway.

Just picked the mag up and I'd like to thank Eric for not only including Big Olds in the Detroit Autorama coverage BUT all the other RRT/HAMB folks as well.  He did a bang up job capturing the diverse flavor of the event.  Congrats to all!

Sinticket

CharlieChop1940

Dave Shuten

ScaryLarry

Plowboy

Chaz, AceGuy, Toymount, and DOC.

GZ

MercDueceMan

The whole KopperKart Crew

They have a really noce writeup on the Strippers Jamboree

Dave Shuten

Fritz

Corngrower32

Once again, congrats to all!
Your topless crusn buddy, Denise

Looking for old good for nothing flathead heads to use for garden project.

enjenjo

I was kind of impressed that two members of the RRT were mentioned by name, with nice pictures of their cars, they both looked great.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

kb426

Congratulations to all. When I was young, it seemed that only a few had the "magic". There sure is a load of talented people out there. No matter where I go anymore, I see a car that years ago would have only been pro built by one of the few well known shops. I amazed at how our hobby has grown skill-wise.
TEAM SMART

Charlie Chops 1940

Eric G., Brian B. and I had a nice chat about my car and the possibility of a full feature being shot this spring/summer, so I was surprised, and pleased, to see a shot in the Cobo coverage. It's nice to see the car get that kind of recognition.

I have heard that it was also shown in the latest American Rodder Cobo coverage although I haven't seen it yet. The green'34 Ford Cabriolet right behind me was also going to be shot for an American Rodder feature.

Rudy's new '32 was also featured in that new mid western mag - Hometown rods - or something like that. I happened to see it at the newsstand last week.

All in all, pretty cool.

Charlie
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying. "Wow...that was fun!"

Poster geezer for retirement....

A Hooligan!

Fuzzy

No billet for this kid!

HotRodLadyCrusr

Quote from: "Fuzzy"Nice work,Charlie!!

Fuzz

Thanks Fuz :wink:

moparrodder

So, Denise are ya goin to sign my copy of the mag like ya did the last time your car was in print :wink:   It's cool to see a nice cruzer that spent a couple of nights in our driveway in print!! Congrats to all ya did good!!

Bill

HotRodLadyCrusr

I'll sign anything you want me to sign sweetie.   :D

Also look for a full feature of Big Olds in Rodders Digest coming out later this summer.

You going to attend the GG DesMoines event this year?  I'm thinking about it.  Would love to see you both and spend some time together.

Congratulations to everyone involved....Good Job! I'll set that mag aside and perhaps have time to look at it some cold Winter night in a few months......Until then,I'm buried building the new house/shop!
"The one who dies with the most friends wins"

enjenjo

While in the "reading room" today with the new Street Rodder, I noticed that NITROFC's car is featured in it. Nice!!!!
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.