Mopar Flathead 6 Stuff Collecting Dust???

Started by Grandadeo, May 10, 2008, 01:45:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grandadeo

Since it looks like my '53 Plymouth Belvedere is going to be staying around for a while I'd like to do a little bolt on HopUp to the Flathead six.  Anyone have a 2 carb intake, headers or split manifold, or an aluminum head laying around collecting dust that they would part with?  Let me know.

Lee
Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

junkyardjeff

I have a edmunds two carb water heated intake,mallory dual point distributor and some rough fenton headers I might not use,the headers need one flange welded on and a couple ears are broke on the intake which I have.  I need to get the headers back from a friend that made some molds to make some new ones then I can sell the parts,I took these off a 49 plymouth thats in a local junkayrd that probably had been sitting in there since the late 50s.  With these parts on it I am wondering if some tricks have been done to the motor and the car is still there,I bought the parts in the late 80s.  Jeff

Grandadeo

Salt Is Good... Mk 9:50

wayne petty

every time i hear about a flat head mopar... i remember the tool i did not pick up at the swap meet...

it was a dodge flat 6  cooling tube puller on a slide hammer...

it had a tapered metal wedge sort of blade on it... with square pegs on the top that fit into the holes in the top of the cooling tube.. and the slide hammer to yank it out through all the corrosion..    

i saw one when i worked at the machine shop.. ...

as for mopar flat head stuff... the guy who owned the big boat that sunk has at least 4 chrysler crown marine 6's...  2 lefts and 2 rights...  one pair even had hydraulic shift transmissions and dual updraft carbs... last time i saw him a few months ago he still had them...in van nuys.. ca  less than 300 yards from the old camaro plant.. (now a mall with theaters)