drum to disc rear

Started by brightorangechevelle, May 12, 2008, 06:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phat rat

For a Chevelle? If so you can either buy a kit or use Cad parts
Some days it\'s not worth chewing through the restraints.

tomslik

87 iroc's had a potentially good look to 'em....
might want to look at late model s-10's too.
The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it\'s still on my list

enjenjo

79 to 85 Toro, Rivi, and Seville bolt on.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

Quote from: "enjenjo"79 to 85 Toro, Rivi, and Seville bolt on.

Frank, I don't remember. Are the Rivi and Toro 4 3/4 bolt the same as the Seville?

wayne petty

yes... they are the same car even... e bodys...

i know a secret about the rear calipers on those...

if the parking brake lever pulls more than 7/16" off the hard stop the piston screw needs ajusting...   i use a modified 14mm crowfoot line wrench that i ground thinner and reduced the length to clear the stops...  or i have a 1/2x9/16 on one end and dual square  drive ratcheting box end wrench that i ground a little thinner to replace the arms... and i spin the ajusting screw backwards a few turns... this if you are lucky will retract the inner piston and spin it inside the outer piston... once in a great while it will come apart inside...

this frees up the inner piston to let the brake lever ajust the piston out..

if there is freeplay more than a small amount between the piston, pads and rotor... it will take too much hydraulic brake pedal movement to get the car to stop...

many people tighten up the parking brake ajustment to pull the levers off the stops... wow i got way off thread...  

sorry...

wayne...

enjenjo

Quote from: "phat rat"
Quote from: "enjenjo"79 to 85 Toro, Rivi, and Seville bolt on.

Frank, I don't remember. Are the Rivi and Toro 4 3/4 bolt the same as the Seville?

Yes they are. The factory wheels are the same as S10 4x4 wheels, only painted black.
Welcome to hell. Here's your accordion.

phat rat

I used the Seville brkts, calipers and rotors. I did have to turn the raised center of the axle to fit into the hat of the caliper